Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] 5.4 developer builds can't do filesystem check

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrokenUnusableAccount
  • Start date Start date
B

BrokenUnusableAccount

Guest
I'm sure at some point with 5.3 images I remember it was possible to do:
Menu / Setup / Storage / Filesystem Check
and choose your box's internal hard drive then
press Green for Check
and an fsck would be done on the hard drive.
This worked even if Timeshift was active.

However now with the 5.4 images It doesn't ever seem to work even if Timeshift is not active.
I always get a message:
umount: Can't unmount /media/hdd: Device or resource busy
 
same problem in 5.3 . Solution was to warm restart te box
 
same problem in 5.3 . Solution was to warm restart te box

When exactly?
I've tried every combination I can think of.
And what exactly do you mean by warm restart?
I'm sure it used to work no problem at some stage.
 
on my duo2 I sometimes have the same problem.Choose menu - stdby - restart box .Then immediatly after box is restarted do the check.Works everytime here
 
Doesn't work for me.
Also "sometimes have the same problem" is not what I'm seeing.
It never works EVER.
 
The hard drive in my H7 seems to have a GPT partition table.
Is that normal?


When I try to force an fsck by other means from the command line it seems like perhaps it doesn't like it being GPT.
For instance:
Code:
tune2fs -c 1 /dev/sda
says:
Code:
tune2fs: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sda
Found a gpt partition table in /dev/sda
 
Okay. My bad. I need to do a Linux refresher course.

I needed:
Code:
tune2fs -c 1 /dev/sda1
which makes the box do a fsck first thing after every reboot.
That'll do for now.
 
I always get a message:
umount: Can't unmount /media/hdd: Device or resource busy
So what do you have using it?
  • Do you have debug logs and write them to that disk?
  • Is there a recording running to it?
  • Do you have a swap file (that's a Linux swap file) in use there?
 
So what do you have using it?
  • Do you have debug logs and write them to that disk?
  • Is there a recording running to it?
  • Do you have a swap file (that's a Linux swap file) in use there?
Ah.
Maybe debug logs are still enabled.
 
So what do you have using it?
  • Do you have debug logs and write them to that disk?
  • Is there a recording running to it?
  • Do you have a swap file (that's a Linux swap file) in use there?

Maybe also over the air EPG data being written to HDD
 
Maybe also over the air EPG data being written to HDD
As I understand it the EPG is normally only saved to disk just before a reboot and reloaded from disk just after booting.
 
Debug logs are normally saved to flash - /home/root/. If you change the default log location to HDD, then the disk will stay active. Not an issue if you are already using permanent timeshift, but it will keep the disk spinning if you are not.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top