Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] 6.2 Updates showing OpenATV 7.1 Metrix hints

ArloG

New member
Joined
Mar 21, 2019
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Points
0
In earlier ViX versions installing the MyMetrix skin that OpenATV also had. Caused my receiver to crash.
Later versions excluded the plugin.
Now when the updates available notification flashes and I check changes I see hints of OpenATV 7.1 Metrix skin being in the update again.
After an update and reboot I cannot find it. In the webif I cannot also.
Is this skin available? If so how would I grab and install it?
I like it in openATV. It would be nice if I could use it in ViX also.
Any ideas?

EdisionOsMio4k
Ver. 6.2.010 (Release)
 
Metrix is not available on ViX. We would be happy to include it if someone converts it but not something I would be interested in doing.
 
Thank you. It will be fine without. Just wondering why in the update list there seems to be a lot of ones that don't actually apply to my receiver or E2 version.
Like in the OP. OpenATV 7.1 Metrix.
Wouldn't you think that it's a modded fork of the actual MyMetrix skin tailored for the osmio?
Makes me think that they are. So. I'm guessing how to tell what updates are actually being applied. Not that I actually need them. So I shut background updates off for now.
 
Most likely, you are looking at OE-A Core changes or commits which are shared by several different images. You are not seeing changes that are tailored for one particular receiver.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commits/5.1

Usually skins are not forked or tailored for a particular receiver, but are designed instead to work on certain image(s).

Updates for North America or updates that will improve the performance of receivers used in North America are few and far between. You will probably be just as well off to update the image every 3 to 6 months. Or if you wish, you may update every time something is available....

screenshot_20221017230017.webp
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top