ArloGuthrie
Member
- Joined
- Aug 16, 2023
- Messages
- 67
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 6
As the says. I cannot find the option to choose what state the receiver should return to after a power failure. Am I missing where it is, or it's not included in the image?
Reason:
After a power failure today and when it was restored. My diseqc mover steered to several satellites past where it was before the power went off.
The previously watched satellite was sent a go-to. The mover displayed the actual sat. that the dish was parked at before the power went off.
But it was East by 20 degrees. IE: Was at 127W, previous was 91W. Power went off. When It came back on the dish ran out to 91W but the display showed 127W.
Not the easiest but not hardest to correct either. Option 1. Unbolt the motor and run the actuator screw manually to the correct satellite. Bolt the motor back to the tube.
Option 2: Keep running the motor with the E-W RCU buttons on the mover until the satellite is found and signal peaked. Then (127W is the 0000 reference) reset the position reset on the mover menu.
I found to keep this from happening with other images. There was a menu selection to select what the receiver should do after a power failure.
Selecting "remain off" solved the glitch.
I do not see this option in ViX. Unless I messed the setting location in the tree.
Help?
Reason:
After a power failure today and when it was restored. My diseqc mover steered to several satellites past where it was before the power went off.
The previously watched satellite was sent a go-to. The mover displayed the actual sat. that the dish was parked at before the power went off.
But it was East by 20 degrees. IE: Was at 127W, previous was 91W. Power went off. When It came back on the dish ran out to 91W but the display showed 127W.
Not the easiest but not hardest to correct either. Option 1. Unbolt the motor and run the actuator screw manually to the correct satellite. Bolt the motor back to the tube.
Option 2: Keep running the motor with the E-W RCU buttons on the mover until the satellite is found and signal peaked. Then (127W is the 0000 reference) reset the position reset on the mover menu.
I found to keep this from happening with other images. There was a menu selection to select what the receiver should do after a power failure.
Selecting "remain off" solved the glitch.
I do not see this option in ViX. Unless I messed the setting location in the tree.
Help?
