Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

A/V Settings - Display 4:3 Content working in 2.3??

mcquaim

ViX Beta Tester ,
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Hi there,

I am currently watching the Simpsons on Sly1 HD and the picture has the black bars on either side of the screen. I used to be able to remove these black bars by changing the setting "Display 4:3 Content as" "Just Scale" in the A/V Settings.

Changing this doesn't seem to change these black bars anymore!

Anyone have a solution for this?

Cheers,
mcquaim
 
No solution mate its the way its broadcast, if you leave it on scale an move to another channel it will be OK.

For some reason it does this on Simpsons and old NCIS episodes.
 
Cheers Stanman,

I thought I used be able to get it to stretch to full screen using that "Just Scale" option in older versions of Vix?

Maybe I've gone mad lol...
 
i have the same problem with setting just scale. funny but if i turn off my tv and turn it back on it will stretch. is it possibly a hdmi protocol issue?
 
it's exactly the same on a sky HD box. if you try watching one of the older episodes of the Simpsons on for example SKY1 HD it will show the vertical black bars and there is no solution to it sadly.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top