Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ABM not working after 07 March 2026

Joe_90

Moderator
Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Messages
4,879
Reaction score
118
Points
63
Location
Wicklow, Ireland
@abu - what does the option to toggle the custom mode actually do?

I updated my dev version to 6.8.4.018 last night (8th March). I set the Custom Mode toggle to yes. (assuming it would retain the existing provider).

This morning's scheduled run of ABM failed with the following:

Code:
<   584.515868> 04:30:00.7136 [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: ok
<   584.680909> 04:30:00.8787 [ABM-main][checkTunerLock] ACQUIRING TSID/ONID
<   584.792957> 04:30:00.9907 [ABM-Manager][read] Reading sat_282_sky_uk (sdcustom_london)...
<   584.793447> 04:30:00.9912 [ABM-Manager][read] sat_282_sky_uk, Done
<   584.793736> 04:30:00.9915 [ABM-main][doScan] Cannot read data
<   584.804728> 04:30:01.0025 [ABM-Scheduler][runscheduleditemCallback] inStandby <class 'Screens.Standby.Standby'>
<   584.922038> 04:30:01.1198 [eDVBFrontend0] set dynamic current limiting
<   587.795948> 04:30:03.9937 [eDVBFrontend0] close frontend

The sdcustom provider has been deleted from the system as per your post #32. My bouquets would no longer be updated and I wouldn't notice unless I ran ABM manually.

Is this the intended consequence of the change?

I've reverted to the standard Sky London HD provider in the meantime and ABM runs normally.
 
where did you find 6.8.4 ?
 
The "custom regions" where only ever added to toggle the custom hacks. These "custom region" selections have been removed and replaced with an option to enable the hack.
The hacks removed the channels that can no longer be decrypted on E2 and where applicable, replaced them with the Irish versions of the channels which still work.

If you had a custom region set before, eg "London SD custom" it is no longer a valid selection, ABM won't work. You have to select your area and then enable the custom option.

I have moved your post out of the changelog thread.
 

Attachments

  • ABM 3.5 custom 2.webp
    ABM 3.5 custom 2.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The "custom regions" where only ever added to toggle the custom hacks. These "custom region" selections have been removed and replaced with an option to enable the hack.
The hacks removed the channels that can no longer be decrypted on E2 and where applicable, replaced them with the Irish versions of the channels which still work.

If you had a custom region set before, eg "London SD custom" it is no longer a valid selection, ABM won't work. You have to select your area and then enable the custom option.

I have moved your post out of the changelog thread.
That needs a workaround otherwise we will be flooded with questions.
 
The "custom regions" where only ever added to toggle the custom hacks. These "custom region" selections have been removed and replaced with an option to enable the hack.
The hacks removed the channels that can no longer be decrypted on E2 and where applicable, replaced them with the Irish versions of the channels which still work.

If you had a custom region set before, eg "London SD custom" it is no longer a valid selection, ABM won't work. You have to select your area and then enable the custom option.

I have moved your post out of the changelog thread.
I have resolved the issue for myself as per my post, but I think it may result in a lot of support queries once it is migrated to a Release image - which is the reason for me flagging it.

I can see you have moved my post, but what happened to all the other posts in the original thread? I can't seem to find it.
 
Ok - noted! I probably should not have commented in a changelog thread. It was odd that I couldn't find the original thread in a search afterwards, nor could I see that you had posted there on Saturday. Maybe it's a forum quirk with sticky threads?
 
We could actually make the plugin like LraiZers' where you just pick the area. There is a separate option if you want SD or HD channel list. It also defaults to the first area as a default. So there is no failure if area/selection no longer valid, just wrong region.
 
We could actually make the plugin like LraiZers' where you just pick the area. There is a separate option if you want SD or HD channel list. It also defaults to the first area as a default. So there is no failure if area/selection no longer valid, just wrong region.
Not going to happen.
 

I'm not sure why this is relevant @abu? All services on Saorview are FTA - Saor means "free" in Irish.

As an aside, since I changed from the SKY London custom SD provider to either the standard London SD or HD providers, I don't really see an issue in numbering etc., so maybe a non-issue?
 
I'm not sure why this is relevant @abu? All services on Saorview are FTA - Saor means "free" in Irish.

As an aside, since I changed from the SKY London custom SD provider to either the standard London SD or HD providers, I don't really see an issue in numbering etc., so maybe a non-issue?
The idea is not to show fta options on providers that are fta only.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top