Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ABM-MISC] ABM - Tuner Lock Timed Out

  • Thread starter Thread starter Needanalias
  • Start date Start date
N

Needanalias

Guest
I've just got a xpeed lx2 from WOS. I'm running Apollo 0.70 and when I'm running ABM im getting the tuner lock time out message. It has 2 tuners 1 x satellite (1st Tuner) and 1 x cable / terrestrial (Second Tuner) I only have a sky cable on the 1st tuner and it's setup as simple single 28. The second tuner has nothing plugged in as I don't have cable in the area so I've set that to nothing connected. I'm assuming that it's trying to use the second tuner and that's why its failing so how do I disable the second tuner or force it to use the 1st tuner? :confused:



Software
System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
Distro: openvix
Firmware version: Apollo.070
Driver date: 20141008
Kernel version: 3.12.1
Gui version: 2014-10-28
Tuners
Tuner A: DVB-S2 INTERNAL (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: DVB-T/T2 NIM (DVB-T2)
 
Do you have timershift activated or do a streaming at the same time?
This can also give a locked tuner.
 
No, no time shift and no timers running and nothing's streaming :confused:
 
can you remove the dvb-c/t tuner and try again?
 
Ill get someone to check the dish and LNB first, I don't want to void the warranty on the first day I have it.
 
You have not mentioned what settings you are using for ABM.

Can you scan conventionally?
 
The reason i said I'd check the dish and LNB is because before this box I had a dreambox 500 and I was getting 99 SNR but when I checked my snr with this box it's 73 but I've plugged the dreambox back in and that's only 63 SNR now so I'll try the dish and LNB before removing the tuner. I think all the ABM settings are ok, my mates got a solo and I've used the same settings as him, I've tried sky England, Wales and Scotland and their all the same.
 
The reason i said I'd check the dish and LNB is because before this box I had a dreambox 500 and I was getting 99 SNR but when I checked my snr with this box it's 73 but I've plugged the dreambox back in and that's only 63 SNR now so I'll try the dish and LNB before removing the tuner. I think all the ABM settings are ok, my mates got a solo and I've used the same settings as him, I've tried sky England, Wales and Scotland and their all the same.
Not sure if you're aware but for consistency when comparing SNR, use the same channel/frequency as there are numerous channels and some SNR's aren't as high as others due to satellite/transponder they are on.
 
I tried the same transponder again when the weather was a bit better today and I was getting 86 SNR but I was still getting the tuner lock timed out message, so I moved the dish a little bit which gave another 2-4% SNR and that fixed it. I wouldn't have thought that little bit would have made a difference but it did. Thanks for the help anyway.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top