Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Accessing NAS recordings from multiple boxes

digitl

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2023
Messages
160
Reaction score
1
Points
18
I'm hoping to save recordings from two Zgemma H7s and a Vu+ Duo 4K SE to a Synology NAS but am not sure what would happen if a recording was watched to, say, 30 out of 60 minutes on one of the boxes and was then selected to watch to different points from each of the others. Would it start from the beginning on each or would the option to view from where the recording was last stopped on each be offered?
 
A part-watched movie on one box will show as unwatched on the other when using a NAS.
I'm not sure why. I thought the associated *.ts.cuts file would show it as part-watched on both boxes.
I'm sure it used to work at some point.
 
A part-watched movie on one box will show as unwatched on the other when using a NAS.
I'm not sure why. I thought the associated *.ts.cuts file would show it as part-watched on both boxes.
Given that they are the same physical files (there is only one set - alongside the actual recording) they should have the same effect regardless of which box is reading them.
There are certain options (I can't remember which) that can be set per-directory or per-system. If the two systems have different settings that could affect things?
 
Given that they are the same physical files (there is only one set - alongside the actual recording) they should have the same effect regardless of which box is reading them.
There are certain options (I can't remember which) that can be set per-directory or per-system. If the two systems have different settings that could affect things?

I've just tried it again and it does work. I watched half of a recording last night and resumed it from a different box in my man cave this morning.
My brain must be degenerating :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top