Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Active Softcam is not displayed ...

Hello,

I hope I understood the question correctly to explain what "autofs" is (and hopefully I can express myself reasonably understandable in english :whistle:):

"Autofs" is a kind of automounter. You simple need to make an "opkg install autofs". After this you find the config files for the automounter in "/etc". In "auto.network" you have tu define the share folder. After that start the automounter with "/etc/init.d/autofs start". Advantage is that the share folders are always mounted just and only when access. For example so it does not matter which box is first turned on (it is then not necessary to connect via the networkmenu again).

My "auto.network" is for example:

PHP:
# automatically generated by enigma 2
# do NOT change manually!
Filme_Festplatte_Keller -fstype=nfs,rw,soft,tcp,nolock, 192.168.178.191:/media/hdd/movie
Filme_Festplatte_Studio -fstype=nfs,rw,soft,tcp,nolock, 192.168.178.192:/media/hdd/movie

After installing and start "autofs" a still active softcam is not displayed any longer as active in "Softcam-Settings".

Thank you for your efforts.

Regards

thanks i have never used but i'll try to reproduce it.
 
is there a command to list the mount points ? i normally use

Code:
mount


but that does not list the new autofs mounts.

in the mean time please test the pyo in the zip.
 

Attachments

Hello,

first of all, big thanks for your feedback.

So far I have not gotten to test the attached file, but it will catch up as soon as possible (now I am not at home ... ;)) and then report.

To your question because a command to list the mountpoints:

Sorry, I can not too much help, since unfortunately I am a layman when it comes to Linux. But tonight I'll be happy even try it if I can get the mountpoints somehow appear.

Is it possibly, that a relatively short "timeout value" is set in "autofs" (after this timeout, the mounts will unmount automatically when idle and mount again just until the next access) and therefore no mounpoints are shown with commad "mount"?

Regards
 
file is now in updates ;),


as for the mounts, not the 'mount' does not shows autofs mounts, only the filesystem

Code:
root@vuduo2:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,sync,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=482428k,nr_inodes=90174,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=writeback)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
automount(pid18870) on /autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=4,pgrp=18870,timeout=5,minproto=2,maxproto=4,indirect)
automount(pid18920) on /media/autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=4,pgrp=18920,timeout=5,minproto=2,maxproto=4,indirect)
root@vuduo2:~# ls /media/autofs
MEDIASERVER



btw, you will now see that autofs mounts have they own mount location, as fstab/manual mounts and autofs can not co-exists in the same location.


also, next version of NetworkBrowser will support AUTOFS :D
 

Attachments

  • NB.webp
    NB.webp
    144.8 KB · Views: 12
:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

I hope, today evening I can also test your alternative "SoftcamManager.pyo"

Thank`s a lot for your excellent work and your help!
 
in the mean time please test the pyo in the zip.

Good Morning,

last night I was finally able to test your modified "SoftcamManager.pyo" file.

Result: great, everything works fine now (active softcam is still shown also after start "autofs")! :thumbsup:

Thank`s again.

Regards

PS:
Now I have the next question to "remotetimer" - but for that, I start a new thread ...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top