Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Advice to safely stream and control box away from home

  • Thread starter Thread starter bartjunited
  • Start date Start date
B

bartjunited

Guest
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong section but unsure where to ask it.

I have previously used the VU+ Player app to control my box and find it really useful when away from home to be able to set timers for recordings.

However in order to do this you need to open up some ports (dont remember which ones).

What I found was that someone then managed to take control of my box and was changing channels etc on my box and thanks to the advice from people on the forum I was able to find this out and subsequently I closed the ports that i opened.

Now that I have upgraded to a Solo 2 from a Solo I am more likely to record things and therefore want to use this app again.

My question is how can i safely open ports so that i can use the VU+ Player app without compromising my box. I have changed the default password on the box.

Thanks in advance

Bart
 
Choose non-default ports.
I won't post mine on here and don't post what you do use, but you have thousands to go at, pick ones that aren't used for anything else; 80 (http), 21(ftp).. maybe pick the year of your birth?

Common Ports
FTP 21
SSH 22
Telnet 23
SMTP 25
Web 80
Pop 3 110
IMAP 143
Other Applications
Remote Desktop 3389
PC Anywhere 5631
 
I would recommend changing the root password and ensuring that password is needed for http access.
 
thanks root password is changed already

where do i set password required for http access?

from what i remember i just need to open 1 port right but what protocols

then in the Vu+ player use that port in my profile for the box???

thanks
 
at work at the moment so cant check exactly, but its something like plugins->openwebif I think. I have just got port 80 open for TCP for the HTTP stuff. (Also got 81 and 82 for the bedroom boxes as well).
If you need to change the port number, its also in the plugins->openwebif
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top