Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

After reboot no more WLAN

  • Thread starter Thread starter Akki
  • Start date Start date
A

Akki

Guest
I have a VU + Uno with W-LAN USB Stick Vu + wireless 150Mbps Wireless Adapter 2.4 GHz (chipset,: Ralink RT3070).

I can only manually configure WLAN, LAN is forced to connect to the box, then I do I replace the following files:


1. interfaces with the following content


Code:
# automatically generated by enigma 2
# do NOT change manually!

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
	address 192.168.2.100
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	gateway 192.168.2.1
	pre-up /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B -dd -Dwext
	post-down wpa_cli terminate

iface eth0 inet dhcp


2. wpa_supplicant.conf


Code:
#WPA Supplicant Configuration by enigma2
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=1
fast_reauth=1
ap_scan=1
network={
	ssid="WLAN-12345678910" is changed
	scan_ssid=0
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	proto=WPA RSN
	pairwise=CCMP TKIP
	group=CCMP TKIP
	psk="12345678910" is changed
}


Then I give the telnet command:


Code:
ifup wlan0


Then I reboot my box, then I have wireless reception and everything is fine.

But when I restart my Uno must go down or I'm not after you receive your wireless more.

I do not advise more unfortunately, what I could do or why.


Thank you for your help

Akki
 
When you add the line marked in bold/red in interfaces, then wlan will be there after reboot/deepstandby.

Code:
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]pre-up /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 up[/B][/COLOR]
pre-up iwconfig wlan0 essid "mijnwlan"
  pre-up /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B -dd -Dwext
  post-down wpa_cli terminate

Or wenn using static ip adress:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]auto lo[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]iface lo inet loopback[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]auto wlan0[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]iface wlan0 inet static[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]    address 192.168.1.xxx[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]    netmask 255.255.255.0[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]    gateway 192.168.1.254[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]pre-up /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 up[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]    pre-up iwconfig wlan0 essid "hiddensid"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]    pre-up /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B -dd -Dwext[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]    post-down wpa_cli terminate[/COLOR]
 
Last edited:
Thank you for your help, but unfortunately I lose, despite the
Change in the interface file, the wireless connection after a reboot.

This has to be lying on my wireless stick, because he is not the VIX
is correctly identified.

By VTI or Black Hole image I have no problems with
detection of Wi-Fi stick.
 
But it seems you are using lan interface also from your post.

Code:
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Normally when setting up wlan, one gets the message to disable second interface to avoid problems.

Perhaps you can try that also..

I don't know what the prob is with wlan recognition...
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top