Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K SE] Annoying Pop-up

My suggestion is something like this:

Code:
				if SystemInfo["imagetype"] == "release" and officialReleaseFeedsUri in SystemInfo["feedsurl"]:  # we know the network is good now so only do this check on release images where the release domain applies
					try:
						print("[OnlineUpdateCheck][getFeedStatus] checking feeds state")
						req = Request("http://openvix.co.uk/TrafficLightState.php")
						d = urlopen(req, timeout=3)
						trafficLight = d.read().decode()
						if trafficLight == "stable":
							status = 0
						print("trafficLight", trafficLight)
					except Exception as err:
						print("[OnlineUpdateCheck][getFeedStatus] ERROR:", err)
						if hasattr(err, "code"):
							trafficLight = err.code
						else:
							trafficLight = type(err).__name__
				elif SystemInfo["imagetype"] == "developer" and "openvixdev" in SystemInfo["feedsurl"]:
 
Gentlemen. Thank you for the contributions however you could be talking 'double dutch' for all I know.

Joking aside, what should I do that is understandable to a humble mortal?
 
Gentlemen. Thank you for the contributions however you could be talking 'double dutch' for all I know.

Joking aside, what should I do that is understandable to a humble mortal?
a change has been added to handle this... so should be fixed in next update
 
Last edited:
Gordon, how is that supposed to work? You have a variable "sd" set to None, and will always be None.
It's just an extract from the real code. sd is only there because i didn't know whether I'd still need it. The only purpose on teh script is to set-up cases where a condition is signalled, so the code that handles it can run.

But anyway, this code is fragile and exception code should not be. We should be using the simplest solution that gets the job done.
This is juts adding an entry to the debug log to note the failure. The simplest code is to just have:

Code:
[FONT=monospace]try:[/FONT][FONT=monospace]
   .....
except: 
    print("FAILED unknown:", sys.exc_info()[0]) 
    result = False
    trafficlight = "failed".[/FONT]
EDIT: Which, I see, is essentially what has been done.
 
Last edited:
No idea why importing sys and using exc_info was needed.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top