Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Remote not working following flashing of Openvix 6 6 013

rawson

New member
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi There,

Having recently upgraded my home router I have been notified that suspoicuous activity is coming from my VU DUO2 box running Openvix 5.4.001 (suggesting it's been hacked), I am therefore wanting to flash my box with the latest image and re-secure the box. I have tried flashing Openvix 6 6 013 & Openvix 6 6 001 but I'm having issues when the first screen pops up asking if I would like to reapply previous settings from back-up, my remote control will simply not function. I tried removing the backups to see if I could get past this screen and it just hits the language selection screen and again the remote wont work. I've not had any issues with the previous version and starts to function again when going back to Openvix 5.4.001.

Does anyone know why the remove will not work during restart after flashing?

I've tried holding <1> & <6> waiting for the red light and then pression <9><9><6> but that did not clear the issue.

Many thanks in advance :-)

Regards, Gavin.
 
The usual reason the remote doesn't work after a complete flash of the box is that you have changed the default remote setup, maybe because of a clash with another device. The standard image for any particular box would be set to use the default remote settings. Maybe you are trying to reset the default on your remote with the <1> and <6> and 996 but I am not that familiar with your box. However, any reports of issues with remotes after flashing are usually down to the user having changed the default settings.
 
Thanks Jo, Looks like the correct sequence to change the code to default code 2 is as follows…

Press and hold <2> & <7> for 3 seconds until the red LED flashes red and then stays on.
Press <Help>
Press <0><0><0><2>

I’ll give it a try tomorrow, but my unit is set to mode 1 as this was the only mode my TV remote would work with.
 
Just in case anyone else faces the issue above, the key presses shown worked 🎉 Problem resolved 👍
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top