Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Apollo 26

john doe

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2014
Messages
1,694
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
God Knows
I've noticed that that my solo2 is flashing green so I opened software update and noticed that Apollo 26 is showing. Does this mean I can download and flash? Still on 024, not updated to 25 due to issues people have raised.
 
I updated through software update this morning from 024 to 026, no problems so far
 
I updated through software update this morning from 024 to 026, no problems so far

Don't count on that, build 024 and 025 / 026 are using different OE cores and in some cases different Linux kernels and drivers. You may not see any issues at this moment but the core of your image is now seriously messed up and will at some time cause who knows what problems.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
So I assume I need to update to 25 or 26? Is there issues with channel hopping?
 
is it still ok to install 26 with a backup of 25 now that I have installed the ABM fix that abu downloaded or should I do a clean install of 26
 
You can use a backup if you wish from build 025 but I personally would do a fresh setup to eliminate and lingering issues in 025 being carried over to 026.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
Thanks abu I just wanted to make sure that it was ok to use the modified 25 backup before I installed 26 :D

ooppssss just noticed your post pheonix after I posted I will do a clean install of 26 as I was not fully convinced that 25 backup was compatible
 
Last edited:
Don't count on that, build 024 and 025 / 026 are using different OE cores and in some cases different Linux kernels and drivers. You may not see any issues at this moment but the core of your image is now seriously messed up and will at some time cause who knows what problems.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

I didn't go about it on purpose but I did a software update this morning and it did it. Should it be set to not allow it? 025 wasn't in the software update last week.
 
I updated from 24 to 26 and restored the backup.All is working fine.Just had to reconfigure the Samba,NFS and install new cccam 2.3.0 instead of old 2.2.1.All working fine till now.Will see what it gives in the future.
 
I didn't go about it on purpose but I did a software update this morning and it did it. Should it be set to not allow it? 025 wasn't in the software update last week.

I am not saying you did and I did not mean my post to come across as confrontational. we recommend people fresh flash their receivers for a reason, sadly in a lot of cases people come back to us agitated or angry when something goes wrong, only for us to discover they willfully disregarded our advice, or followed the erroneous advice of others.

My post was just to let you know that while every thing may look ok on the surface now, it may not be that way for long.
 
My point was why did software update let it update?

Because every other time we took the route of renaming the image after a OE core update to prevent just this (Zeus, Helios and Apollo). we received nothing but grief and flack from all directions. so we decided this time to simply advise users not to use online updates, we also made several announcements via the forum and our social media feeds.
 
Ok, i wasn't aware of that. You guys do good work, I appreciate it alot
 
as I am referee I say : wait and see in the future.For now all is working fine.As soon as there are problems I will open a topic on the forum explaining the problem.PS: I have no plugins except Cccam installed. And as always : thx for updates an many work.
 
I am in the middle of a fresh Clean install of Apollo 26 Without any Backup on my LX3 as I type
as I would rather do it properly the 1st time and follow the knowledgeable advice of the Moderators
OK it might take a little more time but it could save you loads of problems in the long run and after the Experience I had with Apollo25 making my LX3 virtually unusable
I think that is worth the little bit more time and effort to make a smooth transition to the new Image :)
 
I have done a clean install on my solo2 to apollo 26, i can't record one channel and watch another, is there a setting i need to change?
 
How many satellite cables connected to your receiver, what is at end of each cable in terms of dish/lnb/switch/motor.

What have you configured each tuner as.

What cam are you using?
 
Thanks, sorry i didn't give more details, i have tuner A is set as simple for fixed dish on 28.2, tuner B is simple for a motorised dish on usals, using cccam 2.2.1, there was no problems before apollo 26.
 
I think problem is Cccam.Had the same on my duo2 with 4 tuners.Needed to install Cccam 2.3.0 and all is working.I only had this with coded channels.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top