Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K SE] Apostrophes shown as HTML elements in Web EPG

quartermain

New member
Joined
Jan 26, 2015
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Points
1
I have noticed that on the Web EPG sometimes (but not always) the apostrophe character is shown as an HTML element e.g. ' .

I have not seen any pattern which correlates with whether it is shown properly or not. Example:

Screenshot from 2025-01-19 10-46-36.webp
 
Are you referring to OpenWebIF? Looks perfect in my Firefox browser. Errors in displaying special characters in URLs are usually because they are not escaped properly. eg - http%3a will translate to http: in a URL.

The apostrophe is ASCII 0x27, so it just looks like a code table mismatch.
 
Last edited:
OK here is a screenshot from today:Screenshot from 2025-01-25 16-46-40.webp - hope it's OK. One of the two recordings shows a proper apostrophe and the other an HTML element.
 
OK here is a screenshot from today:View attachment 67222 - hope it's OK. One of the two recordings shows a proper apostrophe and the other an HTML element.

Same programme and I'm not seeing the problem

appos.webp

Xtrend ET10000
Skin Simple ten eighty
Openwebif modern interface
Firefox 134.0.2

Also OK in the latest version of Edge

Also OK from 28.2E and Freeview EPG listing


Does the apostrophe look OK on the box when it's not displaying correctly in Webif?
Could it be the source of the EPG? I get my EPG over the air for both satellite and Freeview.
 
Weird. I vaguely recall that when I was installing I found a setting which would convert all non-Windows-acceptable characters to Windows-acceptable ones. Maybe that's it. As soon as I can wrest the remote from SWMBO's grasp I will find out.

While looking this up I got into the awful minefield which is the difference between apostrophe and right-single-quote, that really really is somewhere you don't want to go.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top