Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Are they worth the money?

  • Thread starter Thread starter neo1607
  • Start date Start date
N

neo1607

Guest
I was originally looking at a VU+ Solo2 however browsing the sponsors store I found the GiGaBlue HD 800 SE+ Plus Digital Twin Tuner.

My main things I would like to use it for are obviously for TV but I like the idea of the OpenWebIf plugin to allow steaming to my tablet etc, I know the VU+ Solo2 supports this but would the 800SE+ support it?

Also I assume when it comes with the twin tuner it will give me the ability to watch one channel and record another.

I have been looking about for videos of the interface as well but can't seem to see it anywhere.

Sorry for all the questions :D
 
The TM-Nano 3T seems to be getting good reviews and it also has the 1.3mhz Broadcom Dual processor as used in the Solo2
 
You won't be disappointed with the Vu+ Solo2, and excellent receiver, trust me it will be £90 extra well spent!
 
Hmm now im tempted between the TM-Nano 3T and the Vu+ Solo2, might be worth me saving up and getting the latter
 
I like you was considering the gigablue hd800ue but ended up buying the TM nano2 super which is identical to the TM nano 3t but with 2 tuners instead of three and i cant fault the box mate would highly recommend it saying that the gigablue is a nice box and is so much better priced than the VU+ and personally believe your paying for the name ok its built well but at the end of the day we just want to watch TV and giga and TM will do that with good support for alot less than a VU+
 
Well I've always found there support spot on

Yes they released initially with bad drivers but they sorted it out so credit to them

At the end of the day we can't all afford to spend £300 - £400 on a box which doesn't really do anymore than a box costing half the price but also has better customer service
 
Well the main 2 points I want it having are preferrably enigma2 as I want OpenWebIf for watching it on other devices around the house (if that's what the plugin does, i may be wrong)

And to record one channel while watching another.

If some of the cheaper boxes can do both of those as well as watch TV then im happy paying for that, even though the vu+ solo2 does look nicer lol
 
In my opinion I would have to say the gigablue 800 UE plus and the quad looks a lot nicer than solo2

At the end of the day all the boxes mentioned in this thread will do exactly what you want you really need to decide whether it's really worth the extra money for a brand name.
 
I think i might go for the Technomate TM-Nano-3T over the GiGaBlue, mainly for the fact I can mount a hdd inside rather than have a USB one, also the specs are slightly faster :-)
 
Used both solo 2 and gigablue hd800se..
Gigablue is very slow and awkward drove me crazy just updating the epg took forever but will do the job..the solo2 is a fantastic box very well supported very reliable and would pay the extra for it as it's well worth it.
 
I meant for driver support??

Maybe, but Vu+ are far from the best in terms of driver support, there are many other EU based manufacturers who do a far better job and actually respond when you submit bugs to them, Vu+ are getting as bad if not worse than dreambox multimedia for their shockingly bad support.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
Vu+ are getting as bad if not worse than dreambox multimedia for their shockingly bad support.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I was really surprise to here that as I always thought that Vu+ would have been one of the best Manufacturers for support, and having a Duo2 rather worried that vix will stop supporting them, I suppose that they might be getting complacent in thinking that any problems are down to someone else and not them as they are regarded as being the Rolls Royce of E2 Receivers people will still buy them :rolleyes: I remember the British Motorbike industry having the same attitude and we all know what happened to them in the 70s
 
I was really surprise to here that as I always thought that Vu+ would have been one of the best Manufacturers for support, and having a Duo2 rather worried that vix will stop supporting them, I suppose that they might be getting complacent in thinking that any problems are down to someone else and not them as they are regarded as being the Rolls Royce of E2 Receivers people will still buy them :rolleyes: I remember the British Motorbike industry having the same attitude and we all know what happened to them in the 70s

no we wont stop supporting Vu+ but we cant move to the new OE with this issue unresolved because if we did you would loose the ability to stream to and from the receiver as well as viewing any media file not created on the receiver.

We are just waiting for Vu+ to get their fingers out and tell us what they are doing, but we wont wait forever for them either. At present we have three options.

1. stop all development on the OE 2.4 image branch (This is our current stance), meaning no updated Gstreamer for any manufacturer.
2. Progress with the OE 2.4 image branch but leave the Vu+ hardware on the OE 2.3 branch (essentially killing support until such a time as Vu+ update Gstreamer).
3. Progress with the OE 2.4 branch for ALL receivers and manufacturers we support (Rendering the Vu's unable to stream and severely hamper their media player support).
 
I wouldn't think so. Walk in & telephone support, you won't get that from many manufacturers, including VU.

Technomate are shocking for support and I don't just mean their drivers, it took them 5 months to replace hardrives their faulty product destroyed.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top