Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Formuler F1] Attaching SSD by eSata

sobeitjedi

New member
Joined
Dec 15, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi.

I've attached a brand new Samsung 512gb to my Formula F1 box using an eSata cable, but it is not showing up within Storage. I've powered the box on and off, but nothing. Only the 64GB usb stick I have attached to the usb port shows up within Storage.

How do I resolve?
 
Hi.

I've attached a brand new Samsung 512gb to my Formula F1 box using an eSata cable, but it is not showing up within Storage. I've powered the box on and off, but nothing. Only the 64GB usb stick I have attached to the usb port shows up within Storage.

How do I resolve?

I think there is a bug in OpenViX using eSATA, I dont have an eSATA hdd to test, same on other receivers with eSATA.

Try blue button > ViX Mount Manager > See if its visible and if you can setup a mount.

Another was could be format the HDD NTFS on a PC.

Install NTFS drivers via plugin feeds and then again try setting up via mount manager.
 
I just happen to have an old (powered) external USB enclosure (with a even older 250GB disk in it) that does eSata, and my Xtrend et8000 has an eSata port so I dug out an eSata cable and plugged it all in.
The disk was immediately recognized and added (well, the partitions that were recognized as ext3 partitions were). I initialized it, and it is now a complete ext4 file-system.
This is using a 4.10.6 kernel - so there, at least, all seems to be OK.

dmesg from initial connexion:
Code:
[ 1427.617000] ata2: exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x4000000 action 0xe frozen
[ 1427.617000] ata2: irq_stat 0x00000040, connection status changed
[ 1427.617000] ata2: SError: { DevExch }
[ 1427.617000] ata2: hard resetting link
[ 1428.505000] ata2: SATA link up 3.0 Gbps (SStatus 123 SControl 320)
[ 1428.505000] ata2.00: ATA-7: ST3250310AS, 3.AAF, max UDMA/133
[ 1428.505000] ata2.00: 488397168 sectors, multi 0: LBA48 NCQ (depth 31/32)
[ 1428.506000] ata2.00: configured for UDMA/133
[ 1428.506000] ata2: EH complete
[ 1428.507000] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access     ATA      ST3250310AS      F    PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[ 1428.517000] sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
[ 1428.517000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] 488397168 512-byte logical blocks: (250 GB/233 GiB)
[ 1428.517000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Write Protect is off
[ 1428.517000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00
[ 1428.518000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[ 1428.541000]  sdc: sdc1 sdc2 sdc3 sdc4 < sdc5 sdc6 >
[ 1428.546000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Attached SCSI disk
 
Last edited:
Hi.

I've attached a brand new Samsung 512gb to my Formula F1 box using an eSata cable, but it is not showing up within Storage. I've powered the box on and off, but nothing. Only the 64GB usb stick I have attached to the usb port shows up within Storage.

How do I resolve?

i also have the F1 box i use the rear USB as it powers the external enclosure fine with 320gb samsung hard drive playback is fine even on HD recordings

hope this helps

blue
 
Tried everything but nothing worked - ended up connecting the hard drive by USB instead.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top