I'm sure the answer is no (I've asked the same question), but it would be a really useful feature.Quick question is there an option in auto timers to highlight any auto timers that no longer generate a timer for example a series is now finished.
It is no.I'm sure the answer is no (I've asked the same question), but it would be a really useful feature.
Most series (the ones where such a feature would be handy) run on consecutive weeks, so flagging that there is no timer set would be a useful clue that a series has ended.It is no.
How can you tell there will be no future match?
An option to delete <n> days/weeks after the last add/change to an actual timer is logically possible, but there is no such concept as "the end of a series".
I always remove "New:" from any title in the AutoTimer matching (then set partial match).it could also act as an early warning indicator when channels alter the name of the Programme slightly ( new wheeler dealers to wheeler dealers)
Most series (the ones where such a feature would be handy) run on consecutive weeks, so flagging that there is no timer set would be a useful clue that a series has ended.
It would at least give you the chance of an educated guess that the autotimer is no longer needed.
I realise that. I'm not bothered about a new season, I'll create a new autotimer if/when it is broadcast.But the autotimer has no way of predicting whether there will be a new season after a while.
I have an AutoTimer that I want to run forever, but there are periods when it won't match anything for several weeks.All I would like to see is an indication that a particular autotimer hasn't found any timers to set, and then I can decide whether to delete it or wait a while.
But I doubt that the box will be doing anything else with the time that is saved. It shouldn't be heavily loaded.I much prefer to keep autotimers limited to active series, and not have them searching every 25 minutes for programmes that don't exist.
Sounds good if it can be done.I have an AutoTimer that I want to run forever, but there are periods when it won't match anything for several weeks.
Perhaps a per-AT setting to mark as Obsolete (somehow) if it hasn't matched anything for <n> days (with 0 meaning ignore this setting).
I'm sure you're right, I still live in a world where every bit of every byte can't be wasted.But I doubt that the box will be doing anything else with the time that is saved. It shouldn't be heavily loaded.
It's knowing that a series has finished that's the problem.The simple solution is to disable the AT when the series finishes but then you will miss out when it starts.
I have over 30 AT and any watched timers brought up are disabled
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
You don't need to search the EPG - you just need to look in your recording for the latest one, and timers for any pending ones. If there are none then it's finished (usually...).I know that you can disable AT's, but if you're (way) behind watching recordings, then looking for programmes that are no longer in the EPG can be a real pain.