Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

automatic mount at startup

  • Thread starter Thread starter sebhki
  • Start date Start date
S

sebhki

Guest
Hello

I have a usb stick where I'm planning to put
- epg data
- picon
- timeshift

I can mount it manually (with the command mount /dev/sdb /media/usb)
but it does not mount automatically when I reboot the vuplus.
I'm using ViX2.0

any advice on how to proceed?
 
go to menu setup vix device manger

and mount it to media/usb

it will then stay that way
 
Hi.
I've tried that. It showed the first time I went there, but I followed those steps :

umount /dev/sdb

mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb

mount /dev/sdb /media/usb

and now it does not show in the device manager anymore
Would you be so kind to help me repare my ****up ?
cheers
 
if its not showing in device manager then the drive needs repartitioning and reinitialising
 
can I do that with telnet ? or is it better to do it in a windows machine ?
 
in devices manager, I can only see my hdd, not the usb stick.
However, I can access the usb stick under /media/usb ( picon are there and they show for ex.)
How to proceed to repartition/reinitialise the usb drive from Devices manager if it does not show there?
 
its possible then u have possibly deleted or corrupted a file some where with in th eimage and may need to reflash

it could be thgat u have deleted the fstab or the automount or any one file that allocates /media/usb and then shows it in vix menu

try a reflash and see if that fixs it

first thing after a reflash is to check device manager and see if its there
 
Hi.
I've tried that. It showed the first time I went there, but I followed those steps :

umount /dev/sdb

mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb

mount /dev/sdb /media/usb

and now it does not show in the device manager anymore
Would you be so kind to help me repare my ****up ?
cheers

you have wiped the partition data, you should have done.

umount /dev/sdb1
mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb1
mount /dev/sdb1 /media/usb

you NEED the '1'

your best bet is to repartition it in windows, then Device Manager should see it again, then use the YELLOW button to repartition it for Linux, then use GREEN button to assign a mount point to it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top