leshay
New member
Hi
How does the system cope with an AutoTimer set for a daily (mostly) programme when the title and description may sometimes be identical? Are there other factors used by the system to differentiate one from the other, or, as I think is happening, the newer (but identical title and description) programme is being ignored as far as the AutoTimer is concerned.
One example of this is the 'Daily Politics' on BBC, where they quite often just have generic basic descriptions, and of course, the title is always the same.
I had stopped using AutoTimers for this (and a couple of others) due to missing some, and just used manually set Timers. I retried using AutoTimers recently and had the same occasional missed programmes.
Isn't it a pity that the EPG doesn't use/have a unique programme ID system (such as the UK CRID system).
How does the system cope with an AutoTimer set for a daily (mostly) programme when the title and description may sometimes be identical? Are there other factors used by the system to differentiate one from the other, or, as I think is happening, the newer (but identical title and description) programme is being ignored as far as the AutoTimer is concerned.
One example of this is the 'Daily Politics' on BBC, where they quite often just have generic basic descriptions, and of course, the title is always the same.
I had stopped using AutoTimers for this (and a couple of others) due to missing some, and just used manually set Timers. I retried using AutoTimers recently and had the same occasional missed programmes.
Isn't it a pity that the EPG doesn't use/have a unique programme ID system (such as the UK CRID system).