Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Big trouble with recordings via timer /epg

Status
Not open for further replies.
as abu baniaz says, please enable debug logs & upload them here.
The box, image & build number is included in these logs, so helps us all to track down & reproduce.
Using the current EPG updates in ViX beta 3.3.36X builds, I've set way too many recordings, all worked properly, so without knowing box, image, build... it's going to be hard to track down.

OK, will enable so more informed diagnostics can be performed. Will upload when I have them.
 
I have enabled the crash logs but as the failed recording did not crash the box, I don't know if anything will show up. I post again if any logs appear.
 
I have enabled the crash logs but as the failed recording did not crash the box, I don't know if anything will show up. I post again if any logs appear.

for this it's debug logs we would need not crash logs.
 
Apologies, my mistake. Will look at the debug logs and see what is on file.
 
Debug log and crash log sent in and I have a copy on email. I can post it on here but it takes up a lot of space. Will this be looked at by someone in time to see if they can find the problem with recordings. It must be a hell of a task to manage and sift through.
 
Hi guys, Im having the same problem with my TM-TWIN-OE. Ill give you a bit of background:

I was using .632. My softcam pluggin is the latest CCcam. I have both tuners fed from a static dish on 28.2E. My recordings are made onto a 1tb Seagate hard drive.

I have observed the problem where I make recordings and playback stutters alot and is unwatchable. I tested many scenarios and I can only replicate it when I schedule simultaneous recordings (both tuners) using the EPG, on premium channels only. Usually one recording will be fine and one will be stuttering very badly. I have noticed this both when the recordings are made while the box is on standby, and also whilst im watching one of the recorded channels.

If I start the recordings manually I have no problems - I have recorded 4 HD channels simultaneously with perfect playback.

Before I stumbled on this thread I thought my problem may have been with the latest version of ViX so I have just re-flashed back to the "stable" version 338. However I now have a different problem (which I think is due to my CCcam lines, and am having that sorted tonight).

How can I help with diagnostics? Does this problem occur on all versions of ViX? Im happy to load any version and help collect data for the devs that need it.
 
Hi guys, Im having the same problem with my TM-TWIN-OE. Ill give you a bit of background:

I was using .632. My softcam pluggin is the latest CCcam. I have both tuners fed from a static dish on 28.2E. My recordings are made onto a 1tb Seagate hard drive.

I have observed the problem where I make recordings and playback stutters alot and is unwatchable. I tested many scenarios and I can only replicate it when I schedule simultaneous recordings (both tuners) using the EPG, on premium channels only. Usually one recording will be fine and one will be stuttering very badly. I have noticed this both when the recordings are made while the box is on standby, and also whilst im watching one of the recorded channels.

If I start the recordings manually I have no problems - I have recorded 4 HD channels simultaneously with perfect playback.

Before I stumbled on this thread I thought my problem may have been with the latest version of ViX so I have just re-flashed back to the "stable" version 338. However I now have a different problem (which I think is due to my CCcam lines, and am having that sorted tonight).

How can I help with diagnostics? Does this problem occur on all versions of ViX? Im happy to load any version and help collect data for the devs that need it.

Exactly my feelings
 
seems the problem is know and new drivers are on the way perhaps this week. Recordings have been hit and miss all the time on all 3 models and is not related to image problems but rather the drivers from TM/Factory. Lets hope this is soon fixed as this si a general problem for many if not all users.


cheers


bobi
 
Hi Bobi,

New drivers on the way sounds like the right solution. Do you mind if I ask where you heard that information from? As its very exciting, and tbh I didnt think that would happen... Im very glad it is though!
 
TM inside information mate :-) it has been said here that they are working on the problem. i my self have send countles videso to some technichian and they are nor try to fix this problme.
Cant say more, as it would be un-fear of me to presure the guys working at this, if it take more or les days it does not matter, all matters is the guys are working on this.


cheers


bobi
 
TM inside information mate :-) it has been said here that they are working on the problem. i my self have send countles videso to some technichian and they are nor try to fix this problme.
Cant say more, as it would be un-fear of me to presure the guys working at this, if it take more or les days it does not matter, all matters is the guys are working on this.


cheers


bobi


we are fully aware of what TM are doing with regard to this issue as we have regular contact directly with their driver devs in korea. rest assured that they are working on this issue.
 
mines been spot on not a single missed one since i followed tm's guide!!
 
To be totally honest that guide is a total crock of crap.

how would you know if you didnt have the problem to begin with in the first place??!!! as you keep telling us yours has never missed a beat so to be totally honest you wouldn't know would you
 
how would you know if you didnt have the problem to begin with in the first place??!!! as you keep telling us yours has never missed a beat so to be totally honest you wouldn't know would you

I'm not criticizing you just those so called instructions and yes both my Twin and 2T have displayed the same recording problems but they did not materialize until recently.
 
how would you know if you didnt have the problem to begin with in the first place??!!! as you keep telling us yours has never missed a beat so to be totally honest you wouldn't know would you

The guide is a total crock of shit.
TM know this & it's been pointed out to them many times now.

Current TM drivers fail massively with recordings, it's a pity as they make great live TV boxes, but if you depend on recordings, it ain't going to work with current drivers.

Currently using a TM2T & TMTwin, both great boxes for live TV but currently would never reccomend either if you depend on recording/watching later.
 
I try to record a live movie last night, the record started as it should and the file it looks at is should but still it does not give me any picture :-( i realy hope TM fork this drives soon as if not they will make a even wors name for them selfs. This is not a box failure but more likely a Driver issue and if they do not bring out new drivers soon we all will go round and round with same problem and same posting over and over again.


cheers


bobi
 
i gott new drivers on my e-mail box just now :-) will be testing this later on as soon as im back from home
only for TM-TWIN-OE , have not got any for 2t and single :-(

anyway just wanted to let you all know that work is being made to fix this for all boxes :-)



cheers


bobi
 
Re: Big trooble with recordings via timer /epg

All 3 receivers use same driver.Maybe even the Nano too.

What is the date of the drivers please?
 
Last edited:
No drivers are not the same, im sure of this :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top