Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Big trouble with recordings via timer /epg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will post the logs.

I'm setting "zap and record" timers when needed instead of just "record" timers. These seem to fare better but Missus has given up on recording things.
 
There is a new 4D release on the TM Site

Multi channel recording fixe4d
========================

If this works on 4d I perusme vix can use this drivers at some stage ..
 
There is a new 4D release on the TM Site

Multi channel recording fixe4d
========================

If this works on 4d I perusme vix can use this drivers at some stage ..

were currently testing yet another set of drivers from TM ( something like the 10 th set in 3 weeks ). if they work as promised we will include them in the image if they dont we wont.
 
Well the last drivers have improved very much from what is today on the image that is for sure. so in my opinion even that they are not 100% working they are better than todays drivers and perhaps ViX team shoulld add them to the image.

Im now testing the last 4D image with the driver set of 14.05 and im more pleased then before, but still there is some recordings that do not go well all of sunnden.

The drivers will work on ViX as i have tested it :-) cheers



Cheers


bobi
 
There's no point in making statements like that: we test drivers we get (and that may or may not differ from the ones you tested) and you can be sure we add them if we think they fix issues and we're happy with them.
 
I had a situation last night which might be of interest. I spotted two programs on the EPG I wanted to watch that were on at the same time so I added one to the timer and waited for the other to start. Half hour later when the programs were starting I decided to quickly have a look at the channel I was recording whilst the one I was going to watch was starting. The one that was recording had no video or sound even though I was looking at it live on air.

I cancelled the recording and started it again with the record button whilst watching the channel which now had video and sound and then went off to watch the program I was watching live. The recorded program has recorded fine.
 
Installed the new 4d image yesterday and so far so good with the new drivers.
 
Installed the new 4d image yesterday and so far so good with the new drivers.

The drivers for ViX and 4D are not thw same as there different kernels

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
The drivers for ViX and 4D are not thw same as there different kernels
Can you double check this please? As far as I am aware, they are on the same kernel since moving to PLI 3.0.

I've transplanted the drivers into the VIX image without issue.
 
Can you double check this please? As far as I am aware, they are on the same kernel since moving to PLI 3.0.

I've transplanted the drivers into the VIX image without issue.

well the drivers they gave us three days ago were for the wrong kernel and stopped the receivers booting up as a result, we then got new drivers again this morning in the correct kernel.
 
With all due respect, you are referring to the drivers they sent to you, not the ones in the 4D images.
 
With all due respect, you are referring to the drivers they sent to you, not the ones in the 4D images.
Because that was the reply we got from TM: 'the drivers we gave you are for the kernel of the 4D, which is different from the kernel used in ViX'.
 
i have tested the last drivers with ViX and they work prety well but the record is not 100% , now since my last post i have used 4D image and all has gone well
the 4D image i have is not from that download site, but rather from the makers and this is working very good.

I hope they release the drivers soon, and give a chance to others to help in fixing problems if there is any.


cheers


bobi
 
Im sure you do mate, i did not meant any harm with my posting, is just in my opinion that now it is about time for TM to release the drivers and then users can diside them selfs what they do
Sorry did not mean any disrespect to you or ViX as im sure you do a great work for the community.


Cheers


bobi
 
We can only test what we get from TM. And as said before: rest assured that when decent drivers are available they will be embedded in ViX.
 
Can anyone provide a link to the new 4D image release? I am using the Technomate TM-2T and have had the problems using the older 4d image and also current VIX image. Thanks for any help.
 
Can anyone provide a link to the new 4D image release? I am using the Technomate TM-2T and have had the problems using the older 4d image and also current VIX image. Thanks for any help.

Code:
http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/main.php

Navigate to relevant folder
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/main.php

Navigate to relevant folder

Thanks. I've just installed this latest 4d image.

There is still a problem with recordings beginning at the same time. One fails while the other is fine.

This is ridiculous especially as the release specifically states that multi-recording is fixed! What a joke.
 
Then edit the timers so one starts a minute before/after the other. Its only a few button presses extra. You are better off scheduling "zap and record" timers instead of just "record" timers until problem is fixed.

Don't be surprised if you still get a failed recording though. If the drivers fixed that issue,without disrupting other features, they would have been implemented in the Vix image. (Drivers that do not fail on single timed recordings but fail on simultaneous ones are better than the current ones.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top