Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Blackhole 2.0.9 - no wifi using Belkin N600 USB adapter

  • Thread starter Thread starter keratos
  • Start date Start date
K

keratos

Guest
I use a satellite set top box (STB) [a VU+ Duo] running "BlackHole" linux bm750 kernel 3.1.1.

I cannot get wifi working with a USB N600 wifi adapter from BElkin.

First off I have determined that the driver is not being loaded as the /dev/wlan* devices are not being created and iwconfig does not list the device.lkin

However, the device as a hardware item is recognised as confirmed by /proc/bus/usb/devices gives:

Code:
T:  Bus=02 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  3 Spd=480  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=050d ProdID=110a Rev= 0.00
S:  Manufacturer=Realtek
S:  Product=802.11n NIC
S:  SerialNumber=00e04c000001
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 4 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=03(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=85(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=500us

The VendorID=0550 and ProductID=110a

I need to find out which driver fits this hardware and whether the driver is provided in the STB linux O/S.

Can someone point me in the right next direction to ascertain what driver is required for this hardware.
PLEASE - I have worked really hard here to debug this and stuck at the next step and feel passionate in succeeding - unless you have a specific fix/next step then please may I ask that you not post a response - I've had responses like "I have the same problem" or "Have you tried ..." PLEASE do not respond this way as this increases the response count and may not attract a helpful response to what would otherwise be a "zero" response thread. THANK YOU

EDIT:***
Found this: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Belkin_F9L1101v2
which states the driver is RTL8192DU

I've done a "find /lib/modules -name "*8192*" -print

nothing!

so I guess there is no driver for this adapter in this particular linux (BH 2.0.9)?
 

Similar threads

M
Replies
19
Views
11K
ekkostar
E

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top