Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Blue HD: Recordings list font size too large

  • Thread starter Thread starter bartjunited
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bartjunited

Guest
Hi all just flashed the latest image and I am trying the blue HD skin at the moment however or I am finding is that the font size is too large so when I go into recordings for example I can only see half the word I can't figure out where I go to change the settings please help

Feels like I'm looking for some sort of the zoom option
 
You need to change the number of items in the list


List of recordings condensed/squashed.
This is is because the default number of rows is set to 20. You need to change this to 9.

Open your list of recordings > Then press menu > Settings > Scroll down to "Number of rows" >
Press left until number changes (9 is suggested) > Green for OK to save changes

See this thread
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37561-OpenVix-Blue-HD
 
Thank you will do that
Btw now that I've flashed the latest image under the Vix menu is there an option to install updates so I'm always on the latest image or do I need to periodically flash the latest image?
 
Choice is yours, most people perform updates

Software update:
Menu > Setup > System > Software update
or
Menu > Information > About > Yellow

When mage lines change, you cannot update. you must flash. i.e when 5.4 comes out and you are on 5.3.
Occasionally there are other changes that cause this, we post on the messages on the screen)


Others prefer to flash and restore. (link to guide in my signature). I always update unless there is a problem or i want to simulate a new install.
 
Thanks for that.
I'm so used to having to flash via usb that I forgot about image manager
Is it ok to back up and restore settings as I was always under the impression that you had to set everything up from scratch?
Is this only necessary if you are flashing to resolve an issue that you previously had?
 
Flash and restore has been OK apart from the odd occasions. You only need to start afresh if there is a problem with a restore. Your impression is incorrect.

Image Manager (flashing) and Software update will create a settings backup as the default option. We would not have done this if there was a problem with using restores.

When image lines change, we want people to flash newer image, restore and be back up and running with little fuss.
 
Perfect
I'll use settings back up and therefore flash more frequently to stay up to date as it must have been at least a year since I last flashed the box.

Thanks for the great advice and support.

Much appreciated
 
I just update, no need to flash.

If you want to flash and restore, that is your choice. Nothing wrong with it. Just not needed.
 
You need to change the number of items in the list


List of recordings condensed/squashed.
This is is because the default number of rows is set to 20. You need to change this to 9.

Open your list of recordings > Then press menu > Settings > Scroll down to "Number of rows" >
Press left until number changes (9 is suggested) > Green for OK to save changes

See this thread
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37561-OpenVix-Blue-HD

this worked perfectly thank you
changed it to 9
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top