Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

BOB is Not My Uncle Anymore...

  • Thread starter Thread starter straybullet
  • Start date Start date
S

straybullet

Guest
history over the last few days...
My vuBox Duo had been performing perfectly up until a few days ago when for no reason, it immediately shut down half way throuh startup- continually.
Not being a satellite whizz I was reluctant change the existing setup but I had no choice.
So pensively I decided to upgrade the software (image).
I flashed the bootloader to the new version then flashed the image all from USB
( did I hear a big WOW there !)
I have a motorised dish so I set to positioner and gave it my Longitude and latitude from the on-line SatFinder.
Then scanned 28.2E
Sure enough in came 1056 references to channels.
Yippee... all going well. Everything pointing in the right direction.
Then I downlanded Silverfox Favorites off the menu system and all was looking good. Could get all the BBC,ITV stuff so satellite/vubox is definitely receiving.
With a bit of help from other posters on this site, I was able to install the latest SoftCam manager 2.2.1 as per 'punisher' instructions, and placed it in a tmp folder.
I created a one line CCcam.cfg file which I added to the /etc folder.

Using VIX option I installed local extension and chose the ipk file.
I then went to the menu system and started that 'bad boy' and got the little green tick. All 'Luvly Jubly' to this point.

Problem is, that the ipk file and the ccam.cfg file are currently fallen out with each other and dont seem to be on speaking terms.

There is no log file in the root to tell me what they are grieving about, and my precious Duo has now lost its magic dust because of this spat.
I want them to be friends but I dont know what to do to fix things , If it stays like this then Bob is definitely no longer my uncle.

How can I get these two to make up?
 
Can you FTP the cam.2.2.1 into urs/softcam, then go into menu/setup/softcam/ciscroll to softmanager, them hit green to intall the cam, then blue button to enable the cam.... or if you are useing the the cam ipk file, then FTP to temp, then menu/vix, the scroll to install local extention, then creen button to install...
 
Try creating the CFG but using Notepad++ rather than windozes notepad.
You have your local card in the box? If so is SLY 1 clearing?
 
Created cfg file again using notepad++. Added carriage return to end of line.
I am happy that ipk is installed properly and running.

Only think I am not sure about is that the install placed 2 CCcam files cccam.channelinfo and cccam.providers.
WHat purpose do they server?

No change :confused:
 
Created cfg file again using notepad++. Added carriage return to end of line.
I am happy that ipk is installed properly and running.

Only think I am not sure about is that the install placed 2 CCcam files cccam.channelinfo and cccam.providers.
WHat purpose do they server?

No change :confused:

there more for use with cardsharing a topic we cant go into on this forum due to rules etc.
 
Ok Tried removing them and restarting SoftCam - No change. Put them back again - No difference.
 
Ok Tried removing them and restarting SoftCam - No change. Put them back again - No difference.

no they wont make any difference if there removed or left in place, it's how there configured and used that makes the difference. but as i said thats a discussion for a different forum then here.
 
Bob IS my Uncle again.
Thanks to all who suggested possible solutions.
The problem in the end was my poor typing.
I wasted a lot of time trying different ipk files , and adjusting this that and the other thing.

The problem was an entry in the CCCam.cfg file where the space before a port number went missing and as a result the paramter before the port number joined with it to make a single parameter. DOH!
 
Notepad+++ is best editor for the CFG file. Had something similar with MS notepad when it put space that was never day
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top