birdman
Moderator
Whilst browsing through the enigma2 code I came across profile() and wondered what it did.
I found it in lib/python/Tools/Profile.py, and discovered that for my BoxType (mbtwin) it would attempt to write to the non-existent /proc/progress. Some other types write to /dev/dbox/oled0, which does exists on this box - and does work (it puts a message on the front-panel).
Is the list of box->device mappings in the profile function definition out of date? Should it be updated?
It seems that this should be providing information about the boot progress.
I found it in lib/python/Tools/Profile.py, and discovered that for my BoxType (mbtwin) it would attempt to write to the non-existent /proc/progress. Some other types write to /dev/dbox/oled0, which does exists on this box - and does work (it puts a message on the front-panel).
Is the list of box->device mappings in the profile function definition out of date? Should it be updated?
It seems that this should be providing information about the boot progress.