Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt] HD51 Box Freezing / Crashing

Spoof

Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi guys.

Recently developed a problem with my box freezing/crashing regularly. The box doesn't reboot but becomes un-responsive. I have to pull the power to get back control.
Seems to resemble what I would diagnose as "memory leak", as often happens after several hours of use and normally when I am playing a recording and doing a lot of FF or fast rewinding etc.
Other thought was it's the hard disk but I've run numerous "file system checks" and also formatted it with no improvement.

Because the box stays on, I do not get any logs - Any advice on how to troubleshoot?
 
Hi guys.

Recently developed a problem with my box freezing/crashing regularly. The box doesn't reboot but becomes un-responsive. I have to pull the power to get back control.
Seems to resemble what I would diagnose as "memory leak", as often happens after several hours of use and normally when I am playing a recording and doing a lot of FF or fast rewinding etc.
Other thought was it's the hard disk but I've run numerous "file system checks" and also formatted it with no improvement.

Because the box stays on, I do not get any logs - Any advice on how to troubleshoot?
more likely to do with the FF/REW.
You can always get a debug log as long as you have enabled logs ---> menu/setup/system/logs/settings ---> enable and save somewhere safe (not flash)

It would also be better to telnet into the box, enter init 4(space between), retrieve the current debug log and then init 6 (space between) to reboot rather than power off/on
 
Might this box need a swapfile setup and your epg not setup to internal flash.
 
Thanks for the replies so far.
So...was unable to Telnet into the receiver after a crash as the network also goes down when this happens.
However, attached the salvaged log (after reboot).
 

Attachments

Thanks for the replies so far.
So...was unable to Telnet into the receiver after a crash as the network also goes down when this happens.
However, attached the salvaged log (after reboot).

Nothong I can see as unusual in that log, just shows (at the end) you playing a sat channel and then muting the sound
 
I personally couldnt see anything near end of that debug log.

However, is this something:-

< 33220.6681> 17:08:43.7084 [InputHotplug] connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.

This was a bit further up in log, rather than end but was same time as log time ends (17:08).

It is probably nothing but maybe someone with more knowledge explain what "InputHotplug" is?

@Spoof, what setup do you have (apologies if I have missed this)?

Is this setup as client/server relationship or is it a stand alone type with HDD? Also, is HDD an internal one?
 
Hi

OK, so the problem is that dvb_server goes into a screaming loop - 100% cpu
and it will not kill

Screenshot below...

openvix freeze cropped.webp

and after 20 minutes

openvix freeze after 20 mins cropped.webp

Is this likely to get fixed or do I return the system as being unusable?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Please disregard above post - it relates to my box freezing and being unusable....
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top