Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] box name ?

bellejt

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
53
Points
48
Age
65
I flashed the box and got samba finally working however windows does not connect because it does not find the box with name VUDUO2LIVING anymore. Wher do I set the name ?
 
Check that the file /etc/samba/smb-user.conf has the line highlighted in red,

Code:
## User changes to Samba config go here

## You can overrule the insecure defaults and enforce password
## protected access to shares by uncommenting the following
## line, including the secure settings:

[global]
#       include = /etc/samba/distro/smb-secure.conf
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]disable netbios = No[/COLOR]

## You can hide and veto access to certain directories, e.g. mount points of
## other boxes in order to prevent round trips through your LAN
## In Samba 4.x this needs to be configured per share:

[Root]
#       veto files = /ThisBox/OtherBox/AnotherBox/YetAnotherBox/
#       hide files = /ThisBox/OtherBox/AnotherBox/YetAnotherBox/

[Harddisk]
#       veto files = /ThisBox/OtherBox/AnotherBox/YetAnotherBox/
#       hide files = /ThisBox/OtherBox/AnotherBox/YetAnotherBox/
 
thx. I will change that but how do I change the name off my box ? I have several DUO2's in my network.
 
MANY THX both adjustments did the trick.Needed it because I copy backups on my PC and from one box to another (picons)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top