Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Brand new box-laggy unresponsive and crashing PLEASE HELP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andym4c
  • Start date Start date
A

Andym4c

Guest
Hi there before I start I should say I am a complete noob when it comes to these boxes.

OK I bought a VU+ SOLO 2 Twin from this site a couple of days ago.
On a reccomendation I opted for it to come with A 500gb HDD and the VIX image preinstalled.
After running the automated setup upto and including the channel scan everything slowed right down.
At first I thought the remote was faulty but after getting a screen saying it needed to reboot I quickly realised the poblem lies with the box not the remote.
The box is pretty much unusable as it stands.

:confused:
 
Hi Andy,

In top right corner is a section called quick support menu. Chose the ViX guides/vix team image guides, open new box setup guide and leave it open on your desktop.

Go back to support section top right, navigate to Vix images and download onto your desktop the latest solo2 image (127) once downloaded you need to extract the zip file and put the extracted folder onto a (fat32 formatted) USB. Make sure the box is switched off at the back, put the USB in the front USB port (pull front lid down) switch on the solo2 and hopefully this will read the USB you will be asked to press the power button after a couple of seconds. Once the image is installed the solo2 restart
Use the guide to continue to set up.
 
Thanks for replying so quickly. As I said I am a complete noob so even if I coud post an error log I wouldnt know how.

Unfortunately I cannot do a thing the box is not responding to the remote at all now.

I have tried powercycling it but it just boots to the last used channel and wont respond.

Although I am new to this I have a long history in IT and have built many XBMC boxes.

The last time I saw this type of behaviour was with an Android XBMC box.
Everything had been installed to flash and with no more room the box just ground to a halt.
I very much suspect thats what is going on here.
 
OK I successfully installed that image and followed the guide.

Got to the main menu and the same again.

Remote is working (confirmed by successfully operating tv with it) but box ot respoding. :(
 
Just to update you. I had a brain wave and remoted into the box using the web interface.

I can navigate the box fin with the interface but it is very laggy when i try using the supplied remote.

It makes little to no difference where I am in relation to the box.

Makes me think that as the remote works fine with the tv then it has to be an issue with either the box, its settings or the ir sensor.

Whatever the cause as the box was supplied like this I think I will need to speak with WOS to see if there is anything they can suggest and possibly return the box.

I have tried 01992676595 and get no answer does anyone have another no for them.
 
he may not be in the office PM him via the forum and he will get it.
 
Remove your sat cables and try doing a full usb flash but this time don't complete installation (there is an option to exit installation procedure) and don't setup ABM / scan for channels.

Then just go through menus, etc and see if it seems fine?

May seem strange but it's just that I'm sure I read somewhere that stray thin copper wires touching main copper wire can have weird results. This method basically rules out it being sat cable problem.
 
I'm not near my solo2 now but I vaguely remember this problem with the remote being laggy. I think I put a bit of insulation tape inside the box in front of the ir sensor and that fixed it....
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top