Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Browse Network hangs the box

stat0r

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
0
This issue has been around for years. I am posting it just to highlight it once again and maybe it can be fixed or improved.

When I run a Browse Network from Network - Mounts, The UI states "Searching your Network, please wait" and it just stays like that forever. I am unable to intercept it in anyway. I cannot press any of the coloured buttons nor the power button on the remote. The only option I have to regain control of the box is the power button at the back of the box itself.

Could this be fixed? Maybe add a timeout? Also could it be made multi-threaded so that the user retains some control and can cancel it.
 
takes a while here but no problems on my duo 2's here .
 
Possibly a bug somewhere as i would start with router off for a min then on,reboot boxes and make sure samba is running on all then it should find your boxes and mount them.
Running a vpn as unsure if that gives issues with mounts.
 
I guess my point is, Ive been experiencing this issue for years going back to my previous VU+Duo. I just wonder could it be improved with a configurable timeout setting and even multi-threading so that the user still has control and can interact with the box during browsing (User can cancel for eg).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top