Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Build 3.2.009 requires a flash and restore. Do not online update!

Sicilian

The Boss
Staff member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
29,869
Reaction score
328
Points
83
Website
www.world-of-satellite.com
All members please note that OpenViX 3.2.009 requires a flash and settings restore. Do not online update.

This is due to GST upgrade to GST1.6.
 
Build 009 images released, but please note plugin feeds are currently offline as they're updating.
Is it possible to get that done in reverse order, so that the images are usable when they arrive?
 
Nope; if that was the case that would have been done.

But images are usable at once; only the feeds are down for some time. So if you restore, only the settings will be restored. Plugings can be restored at a later stage.
 
No big deal, we can just wait for that and upgrade then? I take it that we can flash from receiver in downloads section?
 
Does this mean, I have to download XMBC again and then setup all sources?
 
You'll have to install XMBC again, as it is a plugin. But I have no idea if all the settings for XMBC will be restored: I never use XMBC.
 
Last edited:
Hi,
most settings should be OK because XBMC stores at least a part on /hdd/.XBMC I have no idea what happen without a hard drive. Just in case you can save it manually or add this directory to the backup.

ciao
 
Thanks Sicilian for the heads-up. I just online upgraded it - all appeared to be OK and any channel I had tried came online. However after reading your post noticed that the green dot was still there (for update pending) even tough Information said I was on 3.2.009. Online update gave a blank report on new changes. So followed the advice and re-flashed (from downloads, not USB) and did restore - settings came back OK. Skin plugin came back OK. Another one didn't but I know what opkg commands to apply on a telnet session! So a clean upgrade once I seen the advice - thanks.
 
I done the update last night via downloads, the wife has said it keeps sticking / crashing today - dont really believe what she says half the time. Just tried to run TStube and it crashed.,.,.,
 
Last edited:
I done the update last night via downloads, the wife has said it keeps sticking / crashing today - dont really believe what she says half the time. Just tried to run TStube and it crashed.,.,.,

Restore settings will be fine, but to be safe don't restore plugins. When completed proceed to install your plugins from the feeds etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I also have the green update icon flashing again after 009... and 14 phantom packages to update.
Everything else is working fine. flashing icon is annoying though also flashes on lcd. (duo2)
 
How do we update this through downloads? is the usb flash not required?
 
Blue Buton> Vix > Image Manager >Downloads > Select 3.2.009 and download.

Then go back one stage then select the image 3.2.009 and click restore. Job done without the need for USB.

Its still a reflash, but without the need for usb.

FP.
 
And that restores everything into new image apart from plugins?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top