Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Build 3.2.009 requires a flash and restore. Do not online update!

Hi,
the phantom updates are the reason we advised fresh flash. It is because new gstreamer. If you are an experienced use you can remove the 14 packages from the list manually. But do not ask how.

ciao
 
Ok, Thanks Trial.

I don't have tsmedia or gstreamer.
I also restored my settings to what they were on 007 and the flashing update icon went away for 20 minutes or so. Now its back.
So, I need to flash again? I have only just managed to get all of my picons back and fixed up LCDCONFIG back to how it was. =./

...ok reflashed
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Have flashed new image now my VU+Duo2 has stuck with message booting 66, any help please.
 
Flash and restore is fine including plugins. Just do not update. If you have already updated just reflash and restore.
 
Great tip flashed like you said works perfect Flyingpig thanks a lot
 
was all good after followed what you guys said, reflash and restore.

This morning however, menu position has reset to default and there are no channel list.
So I restored to 007 settings again, put menu position back and saved settings. then update icon flashing again, 1 package this time.

Updated 1 package but dont know what it is as log is blank again.
Can we have logs with updates please?

And from now on I am turning auto update icon off. I will check here now and again for stable updates.
 
If you have updated not restored you are going to have a broken image. No idea what you mean about the menu.
 
I am just wondering is there any need to update to version 009? As I am perfectly happy with my current version 007, most of the changes will be background changes anyway. I can still access feeds etc........Why fix something that ain't broke????
 
It is an enhancement, not bug fix. So no need to upgrade.
 
Last edited:
All bouquets gone after upgrade and restore settings (no restore plugins).
 
Hi,
did you create a new backup before you installed the image? Do you use ABM?

btw. once is enough.

ciao
 
Hi,
did you create a new backup before you installed the image? Do you use ABM?

btw. once is enough.

ciao

Yes, created settings backup and image backup before update.

Yes I use ABM.
 
All members please note that OpenViX 3.2.009 requires a flash and settings restore. Do not online update.

This is due to GST upgrade to GST1.6.

I upgraded online, everything seems ok should I be concerned?

Also your 30 day password thing is silly, my password is unique for this site, I can honestly say if your database details get leaked I wouldn't care, changing the password just causes a huge hassle, I use lastpass and when I went to change the password your site complained my email wasn't the same, but lastpass updated the password, I then couldn't log in, so I had to go through the forgot password thing which then emailed a new password!?.. Anyway, my point, do you really need a 30 day password change!?
 
Also your 30 day password thing is silly, my password is unique for this site, I can honestly say if your database details get leaked I wouldn't care, changing the password just causes a huge hassle, I use lastpass and when I went to change the password your site complained my email wasn't the same, but lastpass updated the password, I then couldn't log in, so I had to go through the forgot password thing which then emailed a new password!?.. Anyway, my point, do you really need a 30 day password change!?

This thread is about build 009!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top