Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

My file (in my build) comes from ......

Probably a bad choice of words, the build I'm running is the one mentioned a number of times in this thread, with no changes whatsoever.

Can anyone confirm that python2 is the correct choice, (bearing in mind that yahooweather doesn't like python3).
 
Probably a bad choice of words, the build I'm running is the one mentioned a number of times in this thread, with no changes whatsoever.

Can anyone confirm that python2 is the correct choice, (bearing in mind that yahooweather doesn't like python3).

For current builds use python2. Enigma and python3 is a pain and python3 has very exacting requirements
 
From the point of view of which one you need for a particular situation Python2 and Python3 are effectively different languages.
Almost no software written in one version will work in the other version unless you make changes.
 
I've checked versions p9 thru' to p15 and none have the expected md5 checksum. I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall.
This is what is in my build tree:

Code:
[parent]: md5sum ntp-4.2.8p13.tar.gz
ea040ab9b4ca656b5229b89d6b822f13  ntp-4.2.8p13.tar.gz
 
The ntp4/ntp-4.2 one was updated in mid-March at the same time as p14 was created.
Looks like someone messed up creating the releases.

EDIT: Looking at the p13 -> p14 diffs they are almost all version-stamp related.

So it looks like someone pushed all of the updates in and created a new p13 package, then realized that the version should have been updated, updated it (along with a few minor changes, which might have been what triggered noticing the version needed to change) then created a new p14. There's just over 1 hour between the production times.

So the ntp*.bb build file should be changed to refer to the file one level up....

EDIT2:
But there's little point in submitting it as a fix to github, as the latest version on github refers to the p15 file.
 
Last edited:
...thanks again, so I need to update the ntp*.bb build file to reflect the correct version p13?

How come I picked up the one a level down from everybody else? Is it an alternative, and I got it when the default one happened to be unavailable?

I'll have a look in the logs to see if that was the case.
 
..... The file meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/ntp/ntp_4.2.8p13.bb has the line.....

SRC_URI = "http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-4.2/ntp-${PV}.tar.gz
 
.... and has always used that folders structure (as far as I can tell as a total novice). :confused:

Code:
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commits/master/net/ntpd
 
..... The file meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/ntp/ntp_4.2.8p13.bb has the line.....

SRC_URI = "http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-4.2/ntp-${PV}.tar.gz
Yes, you could edit that (remove the ntp-4.2), run a build then undo the file edit.
 
How come I picked up the one a level down from everybody else?
You probably didn't. Everyone else picked it up before the middle of March....until then it was OK.

My suspicion is that the "correct" one was a restore, but wasn't put back to the correct location.

EDIT: I've mailed the maintainer to ask him to move them....
 
Last edited:
I had a mismatch when building ubuntu 20 (can't remember on what) so went back to 18.04 (or something similar) and didn't have an issue.
 
Ubuntu 18.04 is as solid as a rock for building current OE-A versions (4.3, 4.4) and I would suggest that anyone wanting to build their own images should stick with this version.......... maybe we wouldn‘t then see so many of the reported issues.
 
Ubuntu 18.04 is as solid as a rock for building current OE-A versions (4.3, 4.4) and I would suggest that anyone wanting to build their own images should stick with this version.......... maybe we wouldn‘t then see so many of the reported issues.

It's only the fact that mine seems to be working fine that stopped me updating to the latest :thumbsup:
 
Ubuntu 18.04 is as solid as a rock for building current OE-A versions (4.3, 4.4) and I would suggest that anyone wanting to build their own images should stick with this version.......... maybe we wouldn‘t then see so many of the reported issues.

I did three different machine builds with with no errors and a handful of warnings with Ubuntu 18.4.04.
 
It's only the fact that mine seems to be working fine that stopped me updating to the latest :thumbsup:
I suspect that OpenVix4.xxx (or even Hades) was working fine as well, but people still updated to the latest version.
 
Finally got thru' with no errors, but loads of warnings.

Here's a summary.....

(1) Ubuntu 18.04 defaults to python2, which is needed to build yahooweather.

(2) Comment out the last line

CONNECTIVITY_CHECK_URIS ?= "https://www.example.com/"

FILE: ~/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/conf/distro/include/default-distrovars.inc

(3) Get correct checksum by removing ntp-4.2/ in the line

SRC_URI = "http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-4.2/ntp-${PV}.tar.gz \

FILE: ~/openvix/build-enviroment/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/ntp/ntp_4.2.8p13.bb

(4) Put patch 0100-stime-call-gone.patch into ~/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu

Add reference to patch in ~/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu.inc

Post #165 https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...-own-Vix-image&p=500915&viewfull=1#post500915

Thanks to all that helped, not convinced by all the warnings, mind.:confused:
 
Thanks to all that helped, not convinced by all the warnings, mind.:confused:
There have always been a lot of warnings.
No doubt some of them turn into errors from time to time, but their presence doesn't seem to provide any impetus to those who add the code that introduced them to actually fix it (I think they're all config or patch-fuzz issues).

Personally I'd go with the Linux kernel build rule, which is that it has to build without any warnings when all warnings are turned on, but I'm not the person in charge,
 
I still get the occasional fail before the build completes.

Don't know if it's a bug or just me but using the EPG-Refresh plugin, when changing the services, ie editing the xml file, it crashes the box. Also when using the X-Streamity plugin and internally editing the settings, ie editing the xml file, it doesn't save the changes. It's probably just the way I updated, I'll get around to doing another flash and restore at some stage before posting an official bug
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top