Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

I have tried several times this afternoon and this evening to build the latest 6.7.000.007 developer build for my Zgemma H7S.
It looks like it tries to build 6.7.000.005 rather than 6.7.000.007 and fails, right at the end trying to make root file system.

Any ideas what's wrong?

You need to reclone from branch 5.5.1.

Also, there are some patches required in meta-local for exteplayer3 and ffmpeg.
 
no patches required at moment

I must have misunderstood the previous post.

I have built a vuultimo4k 6.7.000.007 image on the 5.5.1 branch using DISTRO_TYPE=Developer-OE-A-branch-5-5-1 make image but just using Developer fails.
 
I must have misunderstood the previous post.

I have built a vuultimo4k 6.7.000.007 image on the 5.5.1 branch using DISTRO_TYPE=Developer-OE-A-branch-5-5-1 make image but just using Developer fails.
So that 5.5.1 branch is missing some important changes…Developer should be fine……what did it fail with?
 
I don't remember, I'll try a dev build again
A dev build worked for me for an et80000. Just checked out out the 5.5.1 branch of OE-A and then ran a build. (No patches required).
Although looking at what my front-end script would have set for DISTRO_TYPE - it would have left it blank (things must have changed in the last few years).

From what i can see of the meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/conf/distro/openvix.conf file it checks for DISTRO_TYPE being release - anything else is taken as developer.
 
Last edited:
OK, I've now had a vuultimo4k build succeed on the 5.5.1 branch. I currently have a ZGemma build going but have discovered that I had managed to use Developer (upper case D) rather than developer (lower case d) that I had been using, so it's building into a different folder. I'll correct that here and should be cooking again.
 
A dev build worked for me for an et80000. Just checked out out the 5.5.1 branch of OE-A and then ran a build. (No patches required).
Although looking at what my front-end script would have set for DISTRO_TYPE - it would have left it blank (things must have changed in the last few years).

From what i can see of the meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/conf/distro/openvix.conf file it checks for DISTRO_TYPE being release - anything else is taken as developer.

No idea what you mean by this. DISTRO_TYPE is set on the command line.

Code:
ENIGMA2_URI ?=
And that is just the default. Anyone with their own repo overrides that in site.conf.
 
No idea what you mean by this. DISTRO_TYPE is set on the command line.
Sorry, so it is. I didn't read that far down.

Doesn't alter the fact that openvix.conf only checks for it being "release" and treats anything else as developer, e.g.

Code:
IMAGE_BUILD = "${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_TYPE`", "release", "${BUILD_VERSION}" , "${BUILD_VERSION}.${DEVELOPER_BUILD_VERSION}", d)}"
 
Sorry, so it is. I didn't read that far down.

Doesn't alter the fact that openvix.conf only checks for it being "release" and treats anything else as developer, e.g.

Code:
IMAGE_BUILD = "${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_TYPE`", "release", "${BUILD_VERSION}" , "${BUILD_VERSION}.${DEVELOPER_BUILD_VERSION}", d)}"

Officially we only build 2 images, Release and Developer, so why would we have more than 2 options? Anyone who is building something other than the official 2 can feed in whatever values they choose.
 
Officially we only build 2 images, Release and Developer, so why would we have more than 2 options?
The comment was in response to:

I have built a vuultimo4k 6.7.000.007 image on the 5.5.1 branch using DISTRO_TYPE=Developer-OE-A-branch-5-5-1 make image but just using Developer fails.
 
The comment was in response to:

I have no clue what that is. That was a temporary feature branch. And adding that as DISTRO_TYPE is clearly wrong. Currently 5.5.1 uses Dev branch, and 5.5 uses an old archived branch.
 
At last I've figured out my problem with building on Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - the upgrade from 22.04 had broken NordVPN, as soon as I removed and reinstalled that, the builds started working properly again.
 
OE- A 5.6 is in a state of flux e.g all components were updated in last 2 days.
To build, download build environment, make update then cd to meta-oe-alliance and do a git checkout 5.6-beta as currently still set to 5.5.1
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top