Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

This one?

'Modify the patch in /build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3-cryptography-vectors/0001-bump-uv_build-to-0.10.0-14271.patch so the version corresponds.

In that file change "0.11.0" to "0.11.7". Then rebuild'

That was when I was building from the OEA-6.0 environment, I thought that had been fixed. Sorry, I'll amend and try again 🤕
 
/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3-cryptography-vectors/ doesn't exist in the new build environment.
Does that mean there's been an issue with the cloning from github?
 
I think you will find the Ubuntu 26 will have to be adapted or patched to build OE 5.6? We will see I guess...
I've added another SSD to my mini-pc and mounted it in my home directory.
I can build an OEA-6.0 image without any issues now but tried again to build OEA-5.6 and it keeps failing.
I assume you can setup different build environments on the same machine? I've created separate directories for each one and the sources are independent.
I've attached the terminal output and the logfile of the error.
Ubuntu 22 Builds both OE 5.6 and 6.0 without issue on my ancient computer.
 
As a test, I looked at your logs, cloned OE 5.6 into a folder and built it. I stopped the build on about step 7000, way past your m4-native failure. No issues. I will stay with Ubuntu 22 until I am forced out of it. Takes too long for me to set things up. Plus it works.
 
I assume you can setup different build environments on the same machine?
Yes. I have both an OE 5.6 and OE 6.0 setup on an external SSD.
I just bind-mount whichever I want to work with onto /vix-build and run from there. It means the same front-end scripts I use (to save me having to remember options) can be used for either.
 
I bit the bullet and cleared a bit of space to install Ubuntu 24.04 on my main PC.
Both OEA 5.6 and 6.0 built fine this morning so may have just been an underpowered mini-pc problem.
Thanks to all for the help and advice. (y)
 
I bit the bullet and cleared a bit of space to install Ubuntu 24.04 on my main PC.
Both OEA 5.6 and 6.0 built fine this morning so may have just been an underpowered mini-pc problem.
Thanks to all for the help and advice. (y)
24.04 or 26.04 ?
 
Both images built fine on 24.04.
On the mini-pc running 26.04 I could only build OEA-6.0.
 
This is the same error that I already explained how to fix.
I can't see any fix for the m4 build failure. What am I missing?

It's odd. If I run the gcc command that fails on the command line, it works.
And it's the same version of m4 being built in the OE6.0 (Vix 6.9) - and it works there.
 
so replacing m4, gettext, util-linux in openembedded-core with OE-A 6.0 folders will get you as far as building root -- which then bombs out - haven't worked out why yet!
 
so replacing m4, gettext, util-linux in openembedded-core with OE-A 6.0 folders will get you as far as building root -- which then bombs out - haven't worked out why yet!
For m4 the most relevant file would appear to be:
meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/m4/m4_%.bbappend​
which patches the templates for 3 include files. Which was what caused the problems.
 
so replacing m4, gettext, util-linux in openembedded-core with OE-A 6.0 folders will get you as far as building root -- which then bombs out - haven't worked out why yet!
I now have a few files in meta-local that handle m4, gettext and util-linux for an OE5.6 build on Ubuntu26.04.
Will see how it gets on at the end later today....
 
I now have a few files in meta-local that handle m4, gettext and util-linux for an OE5.6 build on Ubuntu26.04.
Will see how it gets on at the end later today....
Hopefully this will make a build cleaner…my attempt was using a hammer
 
Hopefully this will make a build cleaner…my attempt was using a hammer
It build cleanly with the 3 package fixes.
Which are here:

Now to see whether 25.10 can build OK with these changes in place.

EDIT: Which will take longer than expected, as my "normal" Vix test build using OE5.6 has, for some unknown reason, decided to build everything from scratch when updating from 6.8.008.004 to 6.8.008.005.

EDIT2: With these files in place an OE5.6 build works on 25.10 as well.
So there are in place on my system now, so my builds will continue to work on 26.04 when I upgrade the rest of my systems.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Oh good, it's not me then :)
I've got 24.04 on another partition, so I can still build with that (y)
Thats also what I am doing!
I cleaned the 5.6 image build, recreated afresh etc but made no difference.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top