Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ABM-MISC] Cable and FTA Sky UK CustomMix

Last edited:
Any reason for the instructions using Sly and Virmin and not the official names or was that just an example?
LOL.

I just copied Jawz's instructions from his thread to use as an example.

BTW, if we are going to use this as a common plugin for everyone to use, really we should rename it. Maybe "ABM CustomMix Importer.
 
LOL.

I just copied Jawz's instructions from his thread to use as an example.

BTW, if we are going to use this as a common plugin for everyone to use, really we should rename it. Maybe "ABM CustomMix Importer.

Yea that would be best still confused how your going to have it to be able to download from multiple urls with different xml file names.

I did try to look at suls plugin as that downloads m3u files from different urls but it names the m3u the same. I'm not to clever at python so I'm sure you'll have a work around.
 
still confused how your going to have it to be able to download from multiple urls with different xml file names.
:confused: You're confusing me now. We are not downloading from multiple URLs. We are downloading one URL from a group. Right?

After all it is not like you can have multiple CustomMix files for the same provider.
 
Yea that would be good only issue is jaws CustomMix is Sky UK with virgin Ireland and my sat custommix is Sky UK with Virgin UK so both are named the same sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

I have the version in this thread as cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml
 
Yea that would be good only issue is jaws CustomMix is Sky UK with virgin Ireland and my sat custommix is Sky UK with Virgin UK so both are named the same sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml
And how is that a problem?
 
I think I'm confusing myself lol

I thought with both files been the same name it may cause issues with them available on the same url you seem to have it covered.

I think I need some sleep lol
 
Last edited:
So now to add a new download location you just have to create an xml file. Like this and do a PR to the plugin.

HTML:
<custommiximport>
	<name>Dsayers: Virgin Media UK channels into Sky UK</name>
	<provider>sat_282_sky_uk</provider>
	<url>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/AutoBouquetsMaker/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml</url>
</custommiximport>

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-a...MixImporter/mixes/dsayers_vmuk_into_skyuk.xml
 
Once installed I'm unable to "fetch" the dsayers file when connected through my vpn.

I use to have the vpn set up on my router but due to the router's limited processor power it resulted in slow internet speeds. I've now set up openvpn on my box instead to see if this imporves things.

When the vpn was on my router I had no issues "fetching" the file. If I disconnect from my vpn I'm able to "fetch" the dsayers file. Is there any reason why I'm unable to do this through a VPN when installed on my gigablue box?
 
Once installed I'm unable to "fetch" the dsayers file when connected through my vpn.

I use to have the vpn set up on my router but due to the router's limited processor power it resulted in slow internet speeds. I've now set up openvpn on my box instead to see if this imporves things.

When the vpn was on my router I had no issues "fetching" the file. If I disconnect from my vpn I'm able to "fetch" the dsayers file. Is there any reason why I'm unable to do this through a VPN when installed on my gigablue box?

No there should be no reason but I dont use VPN on my box so I have no way to test it. It does sound odd, maybe VPN is hammering your connection so it cant connect to GitHub
 
Can a mod edit first post with these instructions please thanks

Hi im starting to do a Custommix for Virgin Media UK to swap channels with FreeSat This is a VIRGIN MEDIA line-up with all the free channels from sky replacing those on the Virgin Lineup this CustomMix (Thanks to rossi2000) adds all FreeSat channels to Virgin Line up.

To test it download Dsayers CustomMix Importer

Goto plugins then green to download plugins then systemplugins and download dsayerscustommiximporter.

If you have previous versions of the CustomMix Importer installed do a software update to update to latest version or if you have installed IPK uninstall IPK then install via feeds.

Reboot box

now we need to setup Dsayers CustomMix plugin

menu>setup>service searching>Dsayer CustomMix Importer

Import needs to be Dsayers: Dsayers: Sky UK free to air channels into Virgin Media UK

Press yellow to download the xml

Change Enable autofech to yes if you want it to download the xml automatically

Lead time change this to the time you want it to download before you have abm scheduled to run.

Dsayers CustomMix Imprter.webp

Now we need to set abm

Recommended ABM setting

Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, providers

Sky UK yes
Sky UK your area custom
no need to generate bouquets.

Virgin UK yes
Virgin UK your net Id
the rest is upto you

Once done press green to save then check providers order and check Virgin UK is on top press green to save then start scan.

If you decide this isnt for you go into Dsayers CustomMix Importer and press blue to delete file then change Enable autofetch to no

Again thanks to rossi2000 for providing the CustomMix file and thanks to Huevos for creating The Dsayers CustomMix plugin
 
Are these still the most up to date instructions to get the most amount of channels?

Also, what's the best setup for EPG and picons on this configuration?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Are these still the most up to date instructions to get the most amount of channels?

Also, what's the best setup for EPG and picons on this configuration?

Yes following post 33 I might start a new thread as this one has changed a bit.

For EPG and picons you'll be best starting a new thread but crossepg for sat and Epg Refresh for Cable works for me and picons I use from picons eu
 
@Dsayers, I've pushed your changes, thx. Hopefully it will build ok. BTW your PM box is full.
 
Has anyone managed to watch ITV PPV events over the last few fights?I haven't so I'm thinking of removing it to make room for Euro sports 4 HD then moving Sky Events down one channel for Eurosport 5 HD
 
I have got new CustomMix files without Sport HD Channels. For OpenATV do a software update or goto plugins red to remove plugins, system plugins choose ABM CustomMix Importer reboot box now goto plugins green to install plugins then System Plugins choose ABM CustomMix Importer and reboot box.

OpenVix will need to wait for next image release.

Now goto ABM CustomMix Importer in service searching/Tuner Config press right you should now see: Sky UK:Import Virgin channels (Without HD Sports) by DSayers and Virgin UK: Import free Sky channels (Without HD Sports) by DSayers.

Choose the version you want ie for Sky FTA channels into Virgin media line up you would choose: Virgin UK: Import free Sky channels (Without HD Sports) by DSayers then yellow to fetch file and green to save then rescan ABM.

Thank you to AbuBaniaz for the help with these changes.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top