Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-SE-COMBO] Cable Pixelation

khan888

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
565
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Nottingham
Hi

The cable signal is very weak coming into a friends household, she was getting bad pixelation on all channels including FTA. I've put a Tratec isolator onto the incoming cable and the pixelation has improved however she is still getting slight interference.

Is this a signal problem if so is there anyway I can boost it or is there interference on the cable?


Tratec.webp

Thanks
 
Hi

The cable signal is very weak coming into a friends household, she was getting bad pixelation on all channels including FTA. I've put a Tratec isolator onto the incoming cable and the pixelation has improved however she is still getting slight interference.

Is this a signal problem if so is there anyway I can boost it or is there interference on the cable?


View attachment 53850

Thanks
What signal u getting bud mines 57% perfect picture :thumbsup:
 
What signal u getting bud mines 57% perfect picture :thumbsup:

Lowest I'm getting is 71% so unsure why I'm getting the slight pixelation. Without that isolator it's unwatchable on FTA.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I might be wrong so don't quote me on this , not my cup of tea but I read somewhere that a too high signal could give u interference.I will look see if I can find it ;)
 
I might be wrong so don't quote me on this , not my cup of tea but I read somewhere that a too high signal could give u interference.I will look see if I can find it ;)

Ok nice one, I don't think it's to strong of a signal as I've put a meter on the incoming cable outside and the signal is very weak.

Worth a look tho bazzer if you could find it...cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
My mate put me a Attenuator in which I believe reduces the signal , has I said mines 57% and perfect picture :thumbsup:
 
My mate put me a Attenuator in which I believe reduces the signal , has I said mines 57% and perfect picture :thumbsup:

Ok ta I've got one of these variable ones knocking about would this be suitable?

21bdbbc98697e85192781629b2eaf057.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ok m8 does not tell you much but on the VM forum quite a few vitamin customers was getting issues with pixelation because it sends a high signal from the cabinet on the street but you are saying it is a weak signal from outside. The ones who had the problems a engineer fitted a Attenulator and problem solved.Might not help u m8 but you never know.
 
Ok m8 does not tell you much but on the VM forum quite a few vitamin customers was getting issues with pixelation because it sends a high signal from the cabinet on the street but you are saying it is a weak signal from outside. The ones who had the problems a engineer fitted a Attenulator and problem solved.Might not help u m8 but you never know.

Cheers I'll look into tomorrow and add the attenuator see what happens


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The one I have is 3db if yours is variable give it a try m8 you never know.
 
how good is the cabling as that tratec looks old and bad connections will reduce your signal.
 
how good is the cabling as that tratec looks old and bad connections will reduce your signal.

The cabling has just been installed but not sure how good the coaxial cable is, cable says satb ce f.b.e reach compliant.

Also the tratec was from a old installation but was working ok on the previous one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Could anyone tell me if it's worth replacing the cable with PF100 coaxial?

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
No harm in replacing the cable with a known good/new cable, make sure that there isn't any water ingress especially at any joints as well as making sure that the outer braid is making good contact at any joints. , a high noise floor on the signal can also be a cause of pixelating
 
No harm in replacing the cable with a known good/new cable, make sure that there isn't any water ingress especially at any joints as well as making sure that the outer braid is making good contact at any joints. , a high noise floor on the signal can also be a cause of pixelating

Ok thanks so I will get the cable replaced tomorrow and make sure all connections are ok.

Would changing the cable reduce the noise or can I buy anything which would help?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top