junglist68
New member
Ok forgive me, this is my first ever post for help because in almost the year that I have had my Vu solo 2 I haven't needed any.The problem all started this afternoon.We had a power outage less than 5 mins and power was back on. ( watching TV while it happened ) When router came back online and we turned back on tv I recieved the error timeshift not available. I tried changing the channel and kept recieving tuner lock error message.This happened with all channels,I tried quite a few from differrrent bouquets to no avail. So I figured ok,let me try to a service scan for channels and when ever I do that I get this " 0 channels found ". For some reason I can't seem to lock onto 28.2E satellite any longer and I don't know why... Below I will describe everything I have done with various scans and describe my tuner config. I am leaning toward thinking that either sky tv service is down in my estate or my LNB has gone kaput.
With that being said here lies another issue,if it is indeed my LNB I can not access my satellite because it is 4 stories up on the roof of our townhouse. I believe this is the location because for the life of me, since we moved here over a year I can not see it at the front of the house or anywhere along the back patio . If I have to get an engineer out here to look at the satellite, who do I call and how to I go about it since I am not a current sky customer ( was a customer and still do have a sky HD receiver but I don't see how that helps me. ?
steps for service searching taken :
Auto Scan - 0 channels
Blind Scan - 0 channels
Manual scan - o channels
Signal Finder : reads 0 for SNR,AGR,BER
tuner : tuner A BCM7356 DVB-S2 NIM ( internal ) ( DVB-S2 )
satellite : 28.2 E Astra 2E/2F/2G
tune : predefined transponder
transponder : 10714H22000 5/6
Tuner Config :
Turner A : BCM7356 DVB-S2 NIM ( internal ) ( DVB-S2 )
single
Sats : 28.2 E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Turner B : BCM7356 DVB-S2 NIM ( internal ) ( DVB-S2 )
single
Sats : 28.2 E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Latest 4.2 5 image downloaded from openvix.co.uk
I have also removed the power cord and back of box and reconnected , checked coxial cables although I don't have two other ones to test if the coxial cables mysteriously went bad somehow during the outage. I am seriously at a loss I will try purchasing some more coxial cables tomorrow and test and update if resolved.
One last thing I dusted off my SKY HD reciever in our garage to connect to see if I could get a signal .( lock onto satellite ) recieved the blue box " For your information your SKY HD box isn't getting a satellite signal .
Any help would be greatly welcome ,thanks in advance and sorry if I posted to much information but wanted to give you more than not enough and describe everything I have done.
#YouNeverKnowHowMuchYouLoveYourVuSolo2TillItStopsWorking
With that being said here lies another issue,if it is indeed my LNB I can not access my satellite because it is 4 stories up on the roof of our townhouse. I believe this is the location because for the life of me, since we moved here over a year I can not see it at the front of the house or anywhere along the back patio . If I have to get an engineer out here to look at the satellite, who do I call and how to I go about it since I am not a current sky customer ( was a customer and still do have a sky HD receiver but I don't see how that helps me. ?
steps for service searching taken :
Auto Scan - 0 channels
Blind Scan - 0 channels
Manual scan - o channels
Signal Finder : reads 0 for SNR,AGR,BER
tuner : tuner A BCM7356 DVB-S2 NIM ( internal ) ( DVB-S2 )
satellite : 28.2 E Astra 2E/2F/2G
tune : predefined transponder
transponder : 10714H22000 5/6
Tuner Config :
Turner A : BCM7356 DVB-S2 NIM ( internal ) ( DVB-S2 )
single
Sats : 28.2 E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Turner B : BCM7356 DVB-S2 NIM ( internal ) ( DVB-S2 )
single
Sats : 28.2 E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Latest 4.2 5 image downloaded from openvix.co.uk
I have also removed the power cord and back of box and reconnected , checked coxial cables although I don't have two other ones to test if the coxial cables mysteriously went bad somehow during the outage. I am seriously at a loss I will try purchasing some more coxial cables tomorrow and test and update if resolved.
One last thing I dusted off my SKY HD reciever in our garage to connect to see if I could get a signal .( lock onto satellite ) recieved the blue box " For your information your SKY HD box isn't getting a satellite signal .
Any help would be greatly welcome ,thanks in advance and sorry if I posted to much information but wanted to give you more than not enough and describe everything I have done.
#YouNeverKnowHowMuchYouLoveYourVuSolo2TillItStopsWorking
