Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Can un-needed channels be deleted from scanned list?

leshay

New member
Joined
Sep 6, 2014
Messages
289
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Livingston, Scotland
Hi

I have a BSkyB Freeview scanned channel list with many more channels than necessary. Just wondering if there is any way to delete these from the scanned list?

Or, can a file on the Gigablue box be edited to remove these perhaps?
 

Attachments

  • screengrab.webp
    screengrab.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 22
The 'all' list is just a database for the box, not for human use.
You should make your own bouquet(s), tailored to your needs.
 
The 'all' list is just a database for the box, not for human use.
You should make your own bouquet(s), tailored to your needs.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that is what I have already done, but some channels have very poor reception (none of any interest to me at all), and if possible I would like to edit (say) a file to eradicate those from the database. Is there such a file, if so, where and what name?
 
Why don't you setup Autobouquetsmaker for your area?

Hi

When I try that, I do get a multitude of bouquets alright, but some are empty and in any case, I have only 2 at the moment, Favourites and BSkyB which i am aiming to combine into 1 at some point.

I do not have any trouble making/editing bouquets.

I am convinced (my own opinion only) that some of the channels in the last scanned list which have poor reception (not used by me anyway) are influencing the playback function. I could be off on a side track, but I want to eliminate all but the channels I actually use and which have good reception - just to see if it improves the playback.
 
In dreamset/dreamboxedit, or any editor of your liking, you can delete the services you do not want.
 
In dreamset/dreamboxedit, or any editor of your liking, you can delete the services you do not want.

Hi

I tried with dreamboxedit before my first post above, deleted said services followed by 'Save', but nothing changed on the PVR, hence the query here.

I had already successfully used dreamboxedit to rename channels so I could use in same EPG view with separate identity (from a previous post).

Have I omitted a step in the above procedure perhaps?
 
You receive chanenls rom receiver to PC. You edit. You save on PC. You then send back to receiver.

Those are basically the steps to take.

P.S I am going to move this out of receiver section as issue is not receiver specific.
 
Hi

OK, followed your instructions and all worked (funny just a plain 'Save' worked for the renaming process I did before!)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top