Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Cannot record to NAS; baffled by set up

  • Thread starter Thread starter leonskaja
  • Start date Start date
L

leonskaja

Guest
I am not much of a linux person and although I had things working at one point I now don't seem to manage it anymore. I am trying to set up my Solo2 to record to the NAS. I have mounted the NAS and the folder correctly using CIFS in Setup, Network. There is a green check mark right next to this location. I then go to Recording settings and that is where the trouble starts. All I can see under Default movoe location is /media/hdd/movie. This path has nothing whatsoever to do with my NAS and if I press enter to go to the "Select location" screen only this path is given. I cannot change it. When I try to record anything I get a message that the directory does not exist. What am I doing wrong?
 
the recordings locations settings is a bit clunky from memory.
Press the 'menu' button to switch to the file list and you should hopefully be able to work it out from there.... you need to add a new location/bookmark
 
i was told not to use samba but to use nfs for my mounts as i kept on getting those same errors,try mounting with nfs.:D
 
Thanks, I'll give NFS a try tomorrow. Is CIFS the same as Samba?
 
I tried NFS, still no go. Can anyone give me a quick guide to how to setup the Solo2 to record to a NAS?
 
Are you able to play/view files on the NAS?

Have you set up bookmarks (links) to it?
 
Thanks for replying. Do you mean can I access files from my NAS not using the Solo2? If so, yes. The NAS is fully operational and I can access the directory where recordings from the Solo2 used to be stored.

I do not know what you mean by your last question. As I wrote in my original post: "I have mounted the NAS and the folder correctly using CIFS in Setup, Network" and there is a green checkmark beside it.
 
I installed the latest image. It made no difference. I have now spent the best part of two hours on this exasperating interface and it is not clear what it expects me to do. This is what I did:

Menu Network> Mounts Setup>Mount manager: I set up a mount called TV pointing to a folder on my NAS: /Diskstation/TV/ first I tried NFS but it does not even ask for a user name and password to access the NAS. Then I tried CFS and entered the username and password.

Menu Network> Default Movie Location: I don't seem to be able to change this. It keeps on pointing to /media/hdd/movie. I can delete the bookmark, but that does not help at all. This is the most exasperating thing about the set up. Where does this bookmark come from? Why can't I change it? What is the use of a default movie location if it cannot be altered? I cannot even go to the Parent directory.
I tried Timers Location: it points to the same /media/hdd/movie directory but this time it lists the media folder I created as TV. Deleting the old bookmark works but I cannot get to the TV folder.

Please help or point me to a location where it is explained how to set up my Solo2 (there is nothing about this in the manual).
 
When you enter your locations, pressing menu allows you to switch to file list. You can then add your bookmark. This will allow you to select the location.

I recall this being mentioned in one of the guide threads. Post links to guides you have followed.
 
Thank you, that did the trick! (Why isn't this mentioned on the screen????? I wasted almost two days on this.)
 
Ahhh just realised why my network mounts werent working while reading this. Completely forgot to use network mount.
 
first I tried NFS but it does not even ask for a user name and password to access the NAS.
NFS doesn't use passwords - it works on trust between the systems. You'd need to set up anonymous access, or enable root access.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top