Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

cant flas with usb

mickbrush

V.I.P ,
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
190
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
56
as the title says my box just wont flash by usb I have tried 3 usb sticks that have all been used in the past I have also used several different images box just starts as normal when usb stick is pluged in I have also tried all the usb ports.

I have a nulmodem cable and if I use vu util it can see the box but there is no Vix 3 NFI file available.

The box is running but crashing and wont record I can also ftp & telnet into the box but telnet update fails.

What are my options !!!!!!!
 
DO you have any other USB sticks connected?

You could FTP the VUPLUS folder to the root of that stick and than restart the box - not E2 restart but the full one.

It will pick it up and flash up
 
Also, as above, what image version are you updating from? Could be that you need a bootloader update too.
 
no other usb sticks connected and I am restarting with the switch on the back just goes straight to starting and boots up. If I ftp into the box I can see the usb stick with th vuplus folder on it so it must be able to see it.
 
if your on one of the later 3.0.xx builds you can flash directly from the image manager in the image it self.

How to restore flash a image in ViX 3.0 without a USB stick ( all receivers )
Click Here
 
you should be able to use the image manager to flash any image of your choice then.
 
I just want to do a fresh flash as im having memory problems
 
Fresh flash, build 720 currently available on http://openvix.co.uk
Have you tried that? although still not sure why you want to downgrade an image build?
 
its just stuck on starting now so im going to need a nfi image
 
Are you aware of swap file and cacheflush? You are being vague, of course your choice, but nearly all issues I had with my Duo have been sorted with these.


Tapatalker
 
its just stuck on starting now so im going to need a nfi image

More information please, otherwise impossible to help.
Have you flashed the correct bootloader? If so, which one? which image & build number are you then trying to flash?
 
I've had to hard reset both Duo and GB Quad in the past as they were stuck on starting. Waited a long time before doing so to avoid resetting while data was being written.


Tapatalker
 
@ judge it was flashed with the latest bootloader but as i have said earlier it will not read my usb sticks although they have been used to flash images many times on this machine.
 
Are you missing the prompt file? Panel should tell you what to do, but if missing you can still do it, regardless.


Tapatalker
 
ok so I have managed to flash the original VU image to the box using Vu util and nulmodem still no luck with the usb so is there any way to get back onto vix 3 without the usb
 
I just want to do a fresh flash as im having memory problems

blue button> ViX> Image manager> yellow button> Highlight the build you want and press ok to download it.

you will now return to the download screen, exit out of this back into the image manager.

Now highlight the image you want to flash and press ok or blue to restore this image.

Should take no longer than 2 minutes to flash the new image.
 
I tryed that and box hung at starting only way I could recover was to flash the original VU+ NFI (it was the only one I could find). Not sure why but my VU will not see the usb sticks when trying to flash. I have tryed 3 different sticks which have all been used in the past I have also borrowed 3 more sticks to try and still no luck. So it looks like the only way I can get Vix 3 back on my VU is if someone makes me a NFI backup from there box using backup util.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top