Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Can't flash older image

apocentre

New member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Bit of an odd problem. I have a new Vu+ Zero, and I can flash newer OpenVix images no problem e.g. 5.3.019 or 5.3.034.

However, when I try to flash an older image (e.g. 5.3.002), the box shows the inital boot up screen, but at that point the Openvix logo should appear, the TV shows no signal. I've tested two other HDMI cables and a different TV, and no better. Used my tried and trusted 4GB usb stick for flashing (and others) and no success.

As it happens, I have two older Vu+ Zeros, both running 4.2.026 OK. When I try and flash an image backup from one of these, or an old clean copy of 4.2.026 I previously downloaded, these flashes also fail with the new box.

The one different between this new Zero and the older ones is the newer box comes with the new style remote control - has there been some internal hardware changes as well?

Thanks
 
Use ViX ImageManager to flash online Menu/setup/ViX or Blue Button -> ViX -> ImageManager
 
Maybe you have Zero rev.2 with h265 support. Look at the label. Probably only newer images have support for rev.2 (I guess only).
 
Maybe you have Zero rev.2 with h265 support. Look at the label. Probably only newer images have support for rev.2 (I guess only).

Yes, it is a Rev. 2 box. But I didn't notice any warnings about not being able to flash older images.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top