Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Can't FTP to my Solo2. Old VIX version, so do I need to re flash?

  • Thread starter Thread starter throttlemonkey
  • Start date Start date
T

throttlemonkey

Guest
I have a Vu+Solo2 bought through WOS in 2013. It's run without issue so I've been lazy and didn't upgrade the image. It's running Version 3 Build 808. The last update was 21/12/13 and he last backup was 18/1/14.

Whilst I was out on Friday 28/10/16 the internet went down. This could just be coincidence. Router (BT Hub 5 / Fibre) was re-booted and it all settled down ok.

On Monday 31/10 I tried to FTP to the box using Filezilla. I've never had a problem but this time got ECONNREFUSED. I initially thought it was laptop/Filezilla issue and after some searching rolled back to an older version of Filezilla. This made no difference.

I did some more research on here and through google for pointers. I checked and there was a enigma2_crash_1477627235.log recorded on Fri 28/10 at 05:00:35 - which is the same time autobouquets updates.

I checked network (adapter) settings which have YES to both 'Use Interface' and 'Use DHCP'. Under that the primary DNS is the same as the router DNS (I'm assuming this is not right) and Secondary DNS is 0.0.0.0
Below that current settings (IP address, Netmask and gateway) are all N/A.
I ran a network test and LAN adaptor, Local and DHCP are all ticked/ Green. Ip Address and Name server are crossed red and 'unconfirmed'.

I've checked cabling and all is good. I go through a network switch (ethernet) so direct wired to the router (after closing and resetting both box and router) but this made no difference.

I've looked on here for similar problems and have seen there have been some similar issues.
Potential fixes to try are to disable CrossEPG and download the EPG manually or to uncheck DHCP and manually assign and IP address.

Before I look at trying anything like that I just wanted to ask here to see if it makes more sense to update (flash) to the most recent Vix image?
If I do, will/ should this fix my problem?

Also, assuming updating is the way forward - as I can't backup this image (and I don;t hink it would help) what details do I need to record? I have a motorised dish (again bought from WOS) so assume tuner config is one - but anything else as I understand new image will mean fresh install.

Thanks in advance.
 
I don't really have any idea what could be wrong but try running network wizard under settings/network/device setup
 
I don't really have any idea what could be wrong but try running network wizard under settings/network/device setup

Thanks for trying :thumbsup:, but I've done that and as mentioned ^^ ... "I ran a network test and LAN adaptor, Local and DHCP are all ticked/ Green. Ip Address and Name server are crossed red and 'unconfirmed'. "
 
Check ftp is running

Menu> setup> system> network> FTP setup


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Set the IP manually and see what happens. DHCP should issue you with an IP/sub net, occasionally things don't work. Could be a great excuse to flash up to a recent and supported image?
 
Check ftp is running
Menu> setup> system> network> FTP setup
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Yes, FTP status is 'running'. It says Ftpd service type: Vsftpd server.
 
Set the IP manually and see what happens. DHCP should issue you with an IP/sub net, occasionally things don't work. Could be a great excuse to flash up to a recent and supported image?

Thanks for the advice. Tried it but no joy. Filezilla couldnt connect to server.

I think flashing upto latest image might be the way forward. Would I be right in assuming this should be a fresh start with no issues as long as I set up correctly? (as I did originally back in 2013).
 
Re flashing went ok and latest image is installed, but when going through set up it gets to Network Wizard - I press OK to 'Use Interface' and 'Use DHCP' but get the error ... "Your internet is not working!"
I then have to leave the wizard.
I'm using an ethernet cable that I've used this evening with a Fire TV Box, so no the cable and internet are fine.

FTP is running and autostart is enabled.

I've tried restarting network. That makes no difference.

Adaptor settings has everything set at 0.0.0.0 and N/A. There is no IP address etc.

Nameserver settings ... Nameserver 1 0.0.0.0


Am I missing something obvious?

Anyone able to offer advice as I'm not sure how to move forward. Thanks.
 
Scratch that. It's righted itself and I now have wired connection. :cool:
 
Despite having an ip address and internet connection to the Solo2 I still can't ftp to the box using Filezilla or FlashFXP5.

I can connect via Open Webif on my laptop by typing the Vu+ Ip addy into the url bar. I can also ping the Vu+ Ip address from command prompt (it usually drops one packet though).

With Filezilla it says it has connected but then either times out as it has failed to retrieve directory listing or it times out after 20 secs as it could not connect to server.

Can't help thinking it's so close - but something is just stopping the connection for ftp.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks.
 
Despite having an ip address and internet connection to the Solo2 I still can't ftp to the box using Filezilla or FlashFXP5.
What about using your browser?

Code:
ftp://x.x.x.x/
in the URL bar, where x.x.x.x is the IP address.

You should get prompted for an id (root) and password (none - or, possibly, anything).

I assume you are setting these correctly in Filezilla, and FlashFXP5.
 
Last edited:
I can finally go to bed!
Switched everything off again (Vu+, Router, laptop) then powered them all back up ... et voila. All done. Filezilla playing and all good. So box is running on latest supported Vix image and ftp is fine. :thumbsup::cool:
 
Thanks Birdman. :thumbsup: I was up at 3.20am this morning for work so it's been a long day and I've been making stupid mistakes ... but got there in the end!
 
had idea, hadn't read all post correctly:o
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top