Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] Can't restore settings on new image

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dannylfc
  • Start date Start date
It doesn't work fine by just ftp'ing the entire folder back after flashing does it? The guy doesn't know what he is doing so you need to explain to him:
telnet into box, issue the command init 4 then ftp the folder back, after this is completed issue the command init 3.

Me personally i back up bouquets with E-Channeliser, and whilst the box is asleep i paste the important lines back into my settings file as well as the timers and tuxbox/config.
I Never fully restore the enigma2 folder.

Actually I have tested by copying both with stopping enigma (init 3) and without and observed no difference. Yes I forgot to say copy /var/tuxbox/config or /etc/CCcam.cfg too.

I rarely copy the entire folder either as I use dreambox edit and have a backup of my Oscam config files so I generally just copy my timers/autotimers. Everything else I can setup quickly.

I guess I have done this so often I forget what it was like when I started out.... it's really second nature. Sorry.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top