Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Can't Set Resolution TO 1080i

Hello bbbuk, It was a online update, If I remember right, it was some issue with the resolution, 1080i, but I am not sure, could have made a settings restore, but as I don't really remember, and lack of skills, I can't help much more, decided to not update further, as next step is a fresh flash, with no back up settings. My english is not good enough to write about tec. things. I hope you can solve this, Great job.
 
Ok I just went and found my old cable so I can do it if need be. Out of interest though what should the speed setting in putty be?
 
Still seriuosly confused by this issue.
Why use 153 drivers on a backup 153 build?
Please report last fresh build & driver date (Menu - Information - About) without any restores that work as expected.
My idea.

The OP had done an online update from a really early build of around 115 (ish) to 153 but his drivers still stated 31/12/14 as confirmed by date stamp even though he was on build 153. His backup 153 (ie really an online update from a really early version) has no problems with 1080.

Whereas using a fresh usb build of 153 (with correct drivers) had 1080 issue.

The OP then using his backup 153 (where 1080i works) went through drivers from vu website to see at which one would have 1080 issue as I was thinking it was a driver issue and at which point it would fail but it wasn't a driver issue as he could use all recent drivers with his backup 153. This pointed to an issue with builds rather than a driver issue. I did, however, at one point think that Solo may have swapped over to slightly different drivers (ie to support xbmc and animated screens) like it did on my Solo2 looks like animated screens/xbmc aren't supported on solo).

As OP has stated he has gone as far back as possible (build 141) which didn't work. I was trying to think of anything significant that may have changed and only thing I could think of is introduction of animated screens/xbmc which resulted in slightly different VU drivers needed (at least on my solo2) and these features were introduced around build 142. Even though Solo doesn't support these features I wondered if this was issue hence I thought go back to build 131 (well before introduction of animated screens/xmbc).
 
Got log, tested various drivers, trying to work out if driver or OE-A issue, please allow some time.
I'm obviously no expert like you but it looks like a build issue imho if you read my previous post about what tests OP had done.
 
Yes, that's why I posted. Any other OE-A images I might try? I did try googling for members of the alliance but didn't get far.
 
What date where the drivers in 127?
Not certain as @Suttsy didn't mention it or whether he/she did a fresh flash when trying each build.

Are you thinking driver issue as @Tkr001 tried a wide range of drivers from 31/12/14 and they all worked on his backup 153 image (ie that had been an old image and updated via online update). He tried a fresh flash of 153 (with current drivers at time - March I believe he said) and it didn't work but when he used these same dated drivers in his backup 153 image they worked fine. He then further confirmed via md5 that the drivers are the same.

This to me anyhow, ruled out, drivers as the underlying issue. Well at least on their own. He did notice that although drivers match md5, sha, etc) the date was day after the official release by VU (as on their website).

Do you still have somewhere older images than 141, like maybe 131 (or 127) even that can be tried as these older images aren't on your ftp site.
 
Looked into it closer yesterday, its a kernel/drivers issue, I've emailed VU+ a log, so waiting for their reply.

Sorry older images got deleted when some arsehole hacked our openvix download site a number of weeks back, arseholes deleted all images.
 
Looked into it closer yesterday, its a kernel/drivers issue, I've emailed VU+ a log, so waiting for their reply.
I noticed the kernel was same version on all drivers after 21/10/14, kernel 3.9.6 so ruled that out. Or is it possible to have different minor releases but still under kernel 3.9.6?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top