Larry-G
V.I.P ,
- Joined
- May 19, 2010
- Messages
- 32,540
- Reaction score
- 405
- Points
- 0
- Age
- 48
The VU is a premium machine but not to the extent of the Dream boxes. I suspect the Solo and Duo were being phased out by VU but the OEM's still see them as viable machines, as indeed they are and will continue to be.
I think where you have Dream, the boxes have become prohibitively expensive, which in turn has encouraged a secondary clone market.
It's ironic when you have a good product then the legacy of it spawns an enterprising industry in itself.
Whilst VU themselves are now moving on to the Uno and Ultimo, the OEM's have probably outsourced to develop this lucrative supply chain.
You cannot build a clone of this degree without OEM involvement.
I can assure you the duo and solo are no where near being phased out by Vu, the Uno and Ultimo are additions to Vu's line not replacements.