Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] Channel 1 at top issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nedman
  • Start date Start date
N

Nedman

Guest
ok, strange problem, vu+ solo se v2 running Openvix with sky new skin by chabbs.

I always had "channel 1 at start" set to yes and it worked fine.

Now when I press epg, and go into a bouquet the channel currently viewing is in, it just goes to the current channel.

I have tried the following trying to to have to reflash the image as all recordings etc are all setup:
Reboot box
Toggle channel 1 at top setting
Update vix ota to the latest (presume 4.2.030, in unsure what it was previous)
Deleting and rescanning bouquets
Deleting abm, reinstalling and rescanning bouquets

Still no further forward and run out of options. Hoping someone can help to avoid having to reflash and start from scratch!

Thanks, I have tried to give as much info, please don't hesitate if more is required
 
You press your TV button or press down to view or be in the Bouquets. EPG is your 7 Day Guide, so don't confuse matters.
Your issue is either A/ a settings problem in ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) if you use this to generate your channel list. Or B/ a skin issue.
I think it will be a skin issue as I know one or two peeps had a similar issue with the SkyQ skin.
Also you are not on the latest ViX image btw. The very latest image as of today is 5.0.023, so you are lagging behind. hehe



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It started happening when I updated the skin from 1.000 to 1.003.

I have tried switching skins to blue hd and also the default. Channel 1 to top still not working.

Do you think Uninstalling the new sky skin will fix the problem? Or will it have corrupted the setting completely?

Probably needs a different thread but I take it 5.?? Can't be updated over the air and requires a reflash?
 
A little update, I havnt changed anything!

Iptv bouquets are now working as they should. Channel 1 always at top.

Satalite bouquets however are as before. Is it maybe worth trying a different release of abm?
 
Its a skin related issue. You can't uninstall the skin via the proper method, I.e. Menu > Plugins > Red Button (Remove Plugins), thats why I am not a fan of his skins. Much better skins around imo. Try the default ViX Skin & see if the problem persists, my guess it won't.
No you can't do ota update from 4.2 to 5.0, but you can use Image Manager & restore settings, but you will still be bringing that shitty skin over in your settings if you restored your backup, so personally I would update to 5.0.023 & setup from new minus the SkyQ skin.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Skins like YouViX-Blue, Confluence, Bello, iSkin (Dark or Light) are much better skins imo. Why an earth peeps want the "Sky" look is beyond me. [emoji85]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Andy, I'm not using the skyq skin.

It's the newsky one. Presume there much the same under the hood other than the appearance.

Is there anyway to uninstall the skin at all? Via ftp? Or is the damage done and a full reset required?

I have already tried using the default skins again and the problem is still there.
 
Why people want the sky look you ask?

"The wife" comes to mind lol
 
Thanks Andy, I'm not using the skyq skin.

It's the newsky one. Presume there much the same under the hood other than the appearance.

Is there anyway to uninstall the skin at all? Via ftp? Or is the damage done and a full reset required?

I have already tried using the default skins again and the problem is still there.

You are probably best using OpenWebIf and taking pictures of what your issue is. Don't use a camera and upload, use OpenWebIf and use the screen grab facility for nice clean images & upload then here so we can see what you mean.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
On the default skin and channel 1 at start is still not working unfortunately.

Looks like whatever is causing the glitch is still persistent!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top