Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno] Channel Numbering same as $ky?

Ant1942

New member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
3rd Rock from the Sun
In a different thread.............

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz
If you use ABM or Lraizers version, the numbers will be per the official listing.


I use the ABM built into the VIX image but I must have missed a setting somewhere.
My channels seem to have extra numbers in front eg:-
BBC One = 1101, Sky News = 2287, Nat Geo = 2312

Could you please point me the right way to correct this?
Thanks.
 
Setup -> system-> channel selection settings

And set alternative numbering to on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirskynet
Living in harmony with his ,
Vu+ Solo2 , 😜👍😛😁
 
Looks like you have a main bouquet with all channels in it as well as bouquets for categories.
So SKY numbering should also still work using the number buttons on your remote.
Also, build 808 is pretty old now & no longer updated, please update to a current build for support.
 
@weirskynet
Thanks for that.....I've tried that but now all bouquets are numbered as 1,2,3 etc
still not with the $ky channel numbers.

Perhaps it's the setting in the ABM Providers.......mine looks like this....

ABMProv.webp


@judge
I've always had trouble FINDING the latest build.......I used 808 because it was the newest I could find.
Should I be looking for something that is called OpenVix-Helios or is that something else.
So, basically what and where is the latest stable Vix image for the Vu+ Uno?
 
thats really strange.. maybe someone who knows ABM better than me maybe able to help.

yerp thats the one :thumbsup:try a fresh flash with that and start ABM from scratch and see how you get on :cool:
 
Thanks, I will try Helios 010 tonight.
Can't do it now.......it's recording something.
Perhaps it will sort out another odd effect which occurs sometimes in the Bouquet List where
it momentarily shows the word "Separator" instead of the bouquet name.
 
@weirskynet
Thanks for that.....I've tried that but now all bouquets are numbered as 1,2,3 etc
still not with the $ky channel numbers.

Perhaps it's the setting in the ABM Providers.......mine looks like this....



View attachment 34335


@judge
I've always had trouble FINDING the latest build.......I used 808 because it was the newest I could find.
Should I be looking for something that is called OpenVix-Helios or is that something else.
So, basically what and where is the latest stable Vix image for the Vu+ Uno?

just a thought turn the fresat channels off??
 
OK, I'm now on Helios 010.........CCcam etc installed........ABM & epg setup.....picons downloaded..... Skin applied
So.....that's a couple of hours I won't get back :rolleyes:

I've run the ABM and in the "All channels" Bouquet they are all now in $ky numbering order.
But in the individual bouquets they are all are numbered numerically starting at 1
For Instance in the "Movies bouquet" $ky Premier = 1 whilst in the "All Channels"
bouquet it is correctly numbered 301.

Is this correct? Or should the channels in their individual bouquets retain their $ky numbers?
 
@weirskynet
Thanks for that.....I've tried that but now all bouquets are numbered as 1,2,3 etc
still not with the $ky channel numbers.

Perhaps it's the setting in the ABM Providers.......mine looks like this....

View attachment 34335


@judge
I've always had trouble FINDING the latest build.......I used 808 because it was the newest I could find.
Should I be looking for something that is called OpenVix-Helios or is that something else.
So, basically what and where is the latest stable Vix image for the Vu+ Uno?

Turn the SKY UK: 'generate main bouquet' to no and this will put the numbering in order for you. Make sure you shift freesat to below SkyUK in order. Then rescan. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks Andy.......that seems to have done the trick.
The "All Channels" bouquet has gone and the other bouquets now retain their real $ky channel numbers.

Just one thing, both you and an early poster mentioned "shifting freesat to below SkyUK in order".
Assuming that this means in the ABM Providers list, I don't see an option to shift them up/down.
Is this option somewhere else?
 
In the providers order bit, highlight 'freesat' and yellow to move. Obviously if freesat is below SkyUK you are ok. :D
 
So, now that it's working OK, here are my ABM settings for $ky numbering.
(Just in case anyone else wants them)
Note, that I've changed to all SD bouquets since HD is nearing the end which
is why I started this exercise is the first place.

ABM_SD.webp
 
So, now that it's working OK, here are my ABM settings for $ky numbering.
(Just in case anyone else wants them)
Note, that I've changed to all SD bouquets since HD is nearing the end which
is why I started this exercise is the first place.

View attachment 34402


In my setup (currently Helios 17), I set generate Main Bouquet to "Custom Yes" in order to get $ky numbering consistent in the sections bouquets - works well for this purpose, BUT with this set-up you lose the "SWAP HD" channels - I think because the original idea was for the "swap" to happen in the main bouquet (no longer in play with custom) or a simple "No" to generate Main Bouquet?

Anyway IMHO, if you are using the above design feature for $ky numbering consistency in the sections bouquets, I think there is good reason to think that you still would want to have "Yes / No" to Swap HD channels - especially for the "Entertainment" section.

@abu baniaz as you know this inside out - what do you think? How would you retain the $ky numbering and get the HD swap for the none HD BBC's / ITV's / C4+C5? Thanks!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top