Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Channels Importer - slave comes out of standby

Yony

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2012
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Age
57
I have this all set up but I'm finding I have the same problem with this set up as I had with RSCC.

The serving box (my VU+Duo2) will randomly wake up from standby into the tuner that's being used by the client box.

This means I lose my connection.

Is there any way to keep the server in standby to stop this happening?
 
One question is why it should wake up? If its to do with EPG or ABM then trying set prefered tuner to say B.
Secondly, I semi-remember a discussion about this, and I thought E2 blocked the tuner being accessed if used by remote source, so I am not sure the wake up is the cause.... certainly I have never noticed an issue whether using RSCC or anything else.
 
EPG and ABM isn't operating while I'm watching, so it's not that that's turning it on. It's definitely something to do with the fact that the box is being watched remotely because it's the only time I get random wake-ups.

E2 seems to block the remote viewer if the tuner is being used by at source, which is why it's such a problem that the box wakes from standby.

I'll set Tuner B as a priority. If it wakes in that tuner it's not an issue because I only use Tuner A remotely.
 
This very frustrating problem is persisting.

For some reason the slave box is being woken up by being 'watched' by the client.

If anyone has any idea as to why this is happening please pass them on - all suggestions gratefully received.
 
I've made progress with this. The problem seems to be something to do with the epg being imported from the server to the client.

Since stopping the import via the plugin's options I've had no more 'wake-ups' so far and everything is stable.

I'm now downloading the epg directly on the client receiver.
 
Hi I updated from vix4.? To 5.11 today and I now have this issue. What setting did you change to stop it please.
 
In Channels Importer settings set 'Import EPG' to 'No'.

I then deleted the epg.dat that had been imported.
 
I've disabled every thing I can find to do with epg download or inhttp stream and it still wakes up after about a minute. I have not timers on either box or scheduled downloads. Ahh.
 
I'm afraid I can't think of anything else I did to make it work.

I still get the odd wake-up but nothing like before.

Now a couple of us have reported the problem hopefully someone will look into it. I was told previously that it had nothing to do with Channel Importer.
 
Another workaround is: if your slave is a dual tuner box, and if you only need to stream one tuner via CI, make sure that the slave box wakes into a channel on the unused other tuner. That way you don't lose the stream from the tuner being streamed to the client.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top