I'm back with this same issue.
Lately Channel 5 London SD stopped broadcasting.
Enigma2 Service Reference was: 1:0:1:835:83D:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
As of March 14 2026 when I zap to it and go to
http://box-ip/api/tunersignal in a browser I still see SNR > 0.
What if I had an enigma2 timer recording on that channel to record some TV series daily?
Previous suggestions in this thread spoke about using autobouquets in a clever way but I just think that idea was too involved and confusing.
Ideally I would like a solution where I can find out about an upcoming channel change
before it happens.
I think the only way to do that is to consult some website that posts that info. Originally I thought KingOfSat could be relied on but now I don't think such a site exists that is 100% up to date and reliable about every single channel broadcast and transponder change on Astra 28.2E.
I had a few conversations with ChatGPT and Google Gemini and now have these commands that I can put in a script.
Unfortunately they are a retrospective solution but I think they are robust to capture a change to or removal of a channel.
Test 1 - has the channel PID/SID etc.. footprint changed?
$ timeout 15 ffprobe -v quiet -show_entries program=program_num -show_entries stream=codec_type,codec_name,width,height,id:stream_tags=language -of csv=p=0 "
http://192.168.1.104:8001/1:0:1:835:83D:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" | sort | md5sum
Test 2 - does the channel contain moving frames?
$ timeout 15 ffmpeg -i "
http://192.168.1.104:8001/1:0:1:835:83D:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" -t 3 -c copy -f null - 2>&1 | grep "frame="
Terminated
Together these two commands could be put in a script.
- The first command checks if anything has changed (e.g: SID or PID) about the channel broadcasting at a given service reference which might indicate it has been reused for a different channel. You would run that command before creating a timer recording and put the hash string in the script to compare against the value returned from inspecting the channel again in future runs of the script.
- The second command could detect the (?very unlikely) scenario that the channel has stopped broadcasting its usual content but somehow is still active enough to have SNR > 0 and a test card or black screen or a blank screen... key point.... WITH THE SAME SIDs and PIDs of the streams that were there previously.
Would be grateful for any comments and feedback on this approach?
Cheers,
Flex