Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo4K] clearly visible recording symbol in LCD display?

soundsmith

New member
Joined
May 30, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
54
Hello all,

I started to use the 5.0.013 build a couple of weeks ago and I'm quite satisfied, being a former Topfield user. There currently is one drawback: There does not seem to be a clearly visible recording symbol in the LCD display, or is there? I would like to find out with a glance whether the receiver actually is recording (the A, B C ... in the display are not visible from a distance).

Thank you!

Best

soundsmith
 
rec.webp

I changed the rec.png symbol in one I made myself.Very visible because it is in blue and not the red ball.
 
I see, but I do not get the rec.png displayed at all. Where are the settings for this?


Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
 
clearly visible recording symbol in LCD disp

Maybe he is not using Linux4LCD. I don't.
 
REC symbol is also visible in VFD display but standard enoying blinking.I did adapt the config so it is not blinking.I suppose topicstarter nows differance between VFD and LCD display :) .
I can always post a zip from my LCD4 settings and VFD adaption.You then have to choose other skin with my name in settings.
 
clearly visible recording symbol in LCD disp

Solo4K only has one display.

The default skin has a flashing red rec sign when recording. tuners in use are green. we can try changing it to blue if that is better

It only shows the active tuner though. needs a proper Skinner to look at it.
 
Last edited:
oke.I have a duo2 and 2 displays. thought solo2 had them also.Blue would indeed be much better to see from a distance.If possible even my symbol :) then I do not have to change it after update..
 
Pretty clear to me. Maybe font could be bigger and lighter.
 
REC symbol is also visible in VFD display but standard enoying blinking.I did adapt the config so it is not blinking.I suppose topicstarter nows differance between VFD and LCD display :) .
I can always post a zip from my LCD4 settings and VFD adaption.You then have to choose other skin with my name in settings.
Hi bellejt. What did you change in config to stop VFD panel blinking when recording?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
 
At some row in the config of the VFD you needed to remove the blinking.
I constructed my own skin (adapted normal skin) with help here on the forum.

View attachment skin_display.zip

Just put in right directory and choose that skin.Reboot and VFD has no more blinking REC symbol.

When doing an update al stays the same but after flashing you need to upload the skin in the right directory : usr/share/E2/display/VFDxxx (VFDjohn)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top